Any demand for an original 75W Barn Burner from XeVision?

MrWonderful1961

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've decided to lighten my flashlight stock a bit. I was wondering if there is still any demand for an original group-buy Barn Burner from XeVision. I did a forum search and didn't find much talk about it.

If so, could someone please assist me in determining a fair price?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any demand for an original 70W Barn Burner from XeVision?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271765008149?nav=SEARCH
the only since a long time.Or
http://german.alibaba.com/product-gs/50w-hid-xenon-searchlight-rechargeable-1900869523.html
Its also available in 70 watt costs about 380$ for a single set.You can contact the seller,will respond soon...

Thats a 50 watt unit using a Cheap Chinese ballast and a cheap Chinese bulb. the "70 watt" Is actually about 60 watts to the bulb.

The Barnburner is 75 watts not 70 (75 watts to the bulb) used our ballast and a DL50 Philips "fat boy" bulb. The bulb alone (new) is worth $150 to $200 and the ballast at least $100.

These prices are not really relevant. I would say your BarnBurner should be worth at about $400 to $600 used in very good condition assuming the battery still gets good run time.
The battery can be rebuilt for about $100. by one of the custom battery builders on here. A couple of CPF members have had it done. in the past 2-3 years. There is a thread about it somewhere here.

LightningJack

Newly Enlightened

The real barn burner isn't available anymore or am i wrong?This is just an alternative...The chinese 50w version is about 280$.It would be a good alternative to mod that with a bigger ballast and a real fat boy bulb from XeVision.Are they selling ghe dl50 bulbs to everyone who can afford it or is it just for xeray customers??

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

The real barn burner isn't available anymore or am i wrong?This is just an alternative...The chinese 50w version is about 280$.It would be a good alternative to mod that with a bigger ballast and a real fat boy bulb from XeVision.Are they selling ghe dl50 bulbs to everyone who can afford it or is it just for xeray customers??

The Barnburner has not been available for many years, maybe 7 or 8, at least 5 or 6 years for the standard early XeRay. We bought the housings empty and installed our ballast and bulb here. We are the only ones who ever offered the DL50 bulbs, in fact as far as I know, we are the only ones left that still have a stock of those bulbs.

MrWonderful1961

Newly Enlightened

Jack,
Thanks for the links. The first one was what got me thinking about getting rid of my light. But then I saw it never sold at $850, so I got a little confused, as I thought that would have been a good deal.

Dan,
Thanks for the correction and the pricing data. My light has seen less than 20 hours of use in the last 7 years or so. I try to keep it charged and functional test it for 10 minutes or so every 6-ish months, but have only really *used* it a couple times. It has always proved more than sufficient! ;-)

With the extra bulb, case, strap & charger, I'm imagining a package deal around $750. Does that sound reasonable? Or just listing it on ebay starting at $500... I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, thanks again for your assistance (and for a very bright light!) ;-)

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can try whatever you like, but I doubt it can go for more than $700, with a spare bulb. The bidding approach will only work for you if you have a few serious parties, who will bid up the price.
Otherwise I would try $750 or $800 "make offer" and hope for offers that are $600 or higher. If I were you I would not let it go for less than $500 (with a spare bulb) unless you just want the money, now.