Any News on the Fenix Headlamp(s)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The only two "single point source" headlamps I have are the River Rock .5W and the Rayovac 1W.

The RR has Writeright on the lens but is still too spot.

The diffuser on the Rayovac is GREAT! Using it in 1W mode with the diffuser is as good as it gets.

But the runtime isn't great and when the battery reaches 1.2V the thing goes out with no warning.

The Zebralight H50 looks pretty good.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I hope that if Fenix ever makes a headlamp they go with a warm tint as headlamps are used for camping/hunting etc. I would take a warm tint over a few extra lumens. Thinking a warm tint LED like the Husky hi-def headlamp with all the goodness of Fenix regulation. Don't see any reason why a Fenix headlamp using two AA batteries could not have the same output (maybe a bit less for the warmer tint Cree) as my L2D. It would sell very well to outdoors type like me. I see Fenix in few hiking/hunting mags. If they show the Regulated runtimes/warm LED it would sell very well.

So here is the run down:

1. Warm tint LED like the TK20.
2. 2xAA with runtime near (willing for a bit less with warm Cree) L2D.
3. 3 modes, Low Med and Hi. Maybe Tubro but no crazy flashing stuff.
4. Comfort is key. Good headband.
5. Like all Fenix lights must use Lithiums and NiMH.
6. Needs to be waterproof and drop resistant.
7. Regulated like the L2D.
8. Beam like the newer EOS. A good combo of spot and flood.
9. Low 9 lumens, Med 45, Hi 100ish, Turbo maybe 150ish.
10. Will this ever be made? I will take 1/2 of the list. :grin2:

Last edited:

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Yep, that's right, Woods Walker, we need something like that.
2AA is not a must I dare say. 4AA in a battery pack would work well too. 2 CR123 would work great as well.
And the designers should consider proper heatsinking, you've seen the Primus Primus PrimeLite (the one with Rebel LED), they've already done good heatsinking using exposed metal parts.

DF

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I'm in the market for something new, and with Surefire and Zebralight coming out with some neat products in the very near future, I'd sure love to have a hint about what Fenix might offer before I make my decision. . . . .

4-Sevens. . ... . .are you out there?:sssh:

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I assume Fenix are either working hard on the headlamp to get it right first time, or they have now dropped the idea.

I was one of the folk who completed Fenix's headlamp questionnaire back in April.

Last edited:

coldlocus

Newly Enlightened
Is there still no news about the Fenix Headlamp? I've been away for a while and I was in the works then IIRC.