Any Seoul drop-ins for Surefires?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Based on a google of "bin codes explained" the T-bin is between 67 and 87 lumen. I guess I should have searched last night, just too tired I guess. I think I'll wait for one of the higher output bins. I'm looking for 100+ lumens, if possible.

The result of your search sounds like it was for a luxeon T-bin
(rated at 700ma current)

The Seoul T-bin is twice as bright as this but still lower than
the Seoul U-bin.

Sorry, I've just noticed that someone else explained this already! ;)

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only had one prototype ready for sale. I sent out a newsletter to subscribers of my website. I should have a few more ready in a week or so. I'm waiting on some parts.

Definately interested here! Will it be okay to run on a 3 cell light? I have a C3 Surefire I could run one of these in with a couple of lithium ion cells. The extra mass of the larger body should help with the heatsinking more as well. :)

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
... The flashlight body serves as addtional heatsink. It can be run continously for about 1/2 hr before it gets too hot to handle.

I don't think the question has been answered. How does the heat get to the flashlight body in the first place?

The half hour that it takes for the heat to get to the body indicates that the heat is having a hard time getting out. A properly heatsinked light should take a few minutes to warm up, not a half hour. If you're really driving the LED at an amp, the time should be shorter. The LED is cooking itself to death.

cfromc

Enlightened
Gene, how can I (we) get on a waiting list? Also, you say after 30 minutes it gets too hot-do you mean hot enough to damage the LED or just hot enough that someone wouldn't want to handle the light? The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a Seoul for a general "car" light that may also need to be used for long periods of time in an emergency; most of the time probably for only a minute, but there might be that one time...maybe due to the brightness level and heat of this one it would not be ideal for that situation.?.?.? But still, I probably want one for one of my other SFs.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene,

These look fantastic! I can't believe this is the first I have heard about it! I'll need one as soon as they are available. Please let me know if there is a waiting list, pre-order, etc.

WOW!

Josh

Gene43

Enlightened
Just create an acct on my website and subscribe to the newsletter. You will get a headsup email when some are ready for sale. If you did not get an email last time, check your spam filter or send me an email from the site so I can check that you are signed up correctly. The dropin is a snug, not tight, fit in the 6P body. Heat does transfer well. The light does get warm immediately, but does not get hot enough to do damage for about 1/2 hr (led starts to turn blue). It is a step down converter which drops out of regulation when batt voltage drops below what the led needs for 1000ma operation. It only pulls 700ma from 6v to produce 1000ma at the led. I can easily set up the driver for output in the 500-800ma (it only pulls 500ma from 6v to produce 800ma) output range. At those outputs, heat transfers well enough that overheating will occur only in a hot environment and batteries last much longer.

Gene

cfromc

Enlightened
Gene I did get a welcome email on June 8, so I'm assuming everything is working fine. I can't wait for these to be available, and it appears I'm not alone. I just have to decide if I want full output now. hmmmm....double or triple the run-time of a P60 and triple the output.

GENE, HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Cant.....Wait....Much...Longer........
Need.....More.....Light.....:party::twothumbs