Anybody Twitter?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more I hear about this twitter, the less sense it makes.

This video on the subject is entertaining...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

Yeah, Twitter makes about as much sense as a forum full of people talking about flashlights. :p Let's not forget all the fun topics on CPF like, what are you listening to (or watching), show your EDC, interesting video finds, show your food, etc. These types of topics where we share what we're up to with each other isn't much different than Twitter.

Funny video.

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Yes, I just started Twittering and am following a couple of my Facebook friends. At this stage, it still feels somewhat redundant to updating your statuses on FB, but I can see why it's so popular.

Gary

There's actually a facebook twitter app that makes your FB status show your latest twitter update... So it basically allows you to update your FB status via text message...

I use twitter, but dont send out a tweet for everything I do... And I have found something useful within the twitter realm. A stream that sends me updates on call outs for emergency services in my area. Very useful for someone like me who sometimes sells photos to the local paper...

AvPD

Enlightened
I keep hearing about it through the podcasts I listen to, but I don't own a mobile phone and even if I did have an account, nobody would be interested.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Just tuned into twitter. Name is LummiRob.
Interesting to see what some of our customers are up to.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone is on Twitter, it can be fun to search for "flashlight" to see what people are up to with their flashlights. Almost all of them are non-flashaholics.

Tonight I came across this tweet that made me chuckle, I wonder if this person is on CPF:

"I have a roommate that sleeps cuddled up to a tactical knife and flashlight... Glad I'm only in combat school for a few more weeks! ;-)"

Another thing you'll come across all the time when doing this search is this old joke:

"A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries"

Uhg. :p