Anyone else putting spare batts in the inside ankle area of their socks?

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Kidding about the man-bag and ankle bracelets aside, this is how I carry my 123 cells:

43315502-cc24-198a.jpg
43315502-cc4f-a1e3.jpg

D25A holster for scale. Plus, it hooks to the molle grid on my murse:

43315502-ccd7-06d6.jpg

I noticed these are being sold by a CPF dealer... A 2-cell version of this holster would be just about perfect.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
My spare batt container (on the left), when I want to carry one - clips to the back pocket:

6627875389_066b4246f4_o.jpg

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
A Mag Solitaire makes a decent carrier for a spare AAA. It would be great to remove the head and guts and find a screw cap that would fit to make it a little more compact.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I have never carried spare batteries but I have carried other things in my socks when I did not have room anywhere else. I have carried small books, some flashlights, napkins, and a few other things. It was temporary and was not too uncomfortable. Unless it is something pointy you forget you have it.

JNieporte

Enlightened
I carry spares (one AA Energizer lithium and one AAA Energizer lithium) in a small ziplock bag, which rides in my BDU pocket or backpack. My sweat seems to corrode anything in the summer, so nothing metal touches it.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tired something like that once and it hurt, so no sock carrying ever for me. I rarely ever need spare batteries as I prefer to carry extra flashlights. After all, I need all the opportunities in the world to be able to use them all. The only time I really carry spare batteries instead of even more flashlights is in my hiking pack. I just wrap them real tight in cellophane and keep them in the emergency kit so they can live there until I switch them with newer ones.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
asval, that's an interesting pouch.
I thought it looked like a bad idea but I couldn't really tell what it did so I gave a second look.
Personally I'll stick with keeping stuff around my center of gravity and away from my extremities, but it looks like it might work well for those inclined to wear hand or ankle weights.

Latest posts