Anyone has lux reading on a MTE SSC P7?

robm

Enlightened
Yes I know they are not throwers , that is what I want a wall of light but that goes a bit far.

I own or owned(sold them) Led Lenser P3, P5,P6,P7 and P14(also a H5).
Nitecore D10 GDP and Im expeting this week a D10 Q5 and a NDI.

My EDCs are LL P7 and L0D .. I just want to edc the MTE now to substitute the LL P7 in throw and have more flood.

Regards,

I don't have any LED Lenser or Nitecore lights so can't compare these.
Also, just realized that there are a few P7 lights from DX - this is the one I have (different to the one you have ordered):
MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 5-Mode Super LED Flashlight (18650)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12060

It has high output for its size, shame the body so ugly!

Art

Enlightened
I really hope mine comes ok. The order is still pending but its only been 2 days.
I see your MTE is plastic reflector... will it be any difference in mine having a aluminium?

Cant wait to test the torch :D

robm

Enlightened
Don't expect rapid shipment and delivery from DX - not how they work.
e.g.
My MTE order 11th April, shipping notification 24th, arrived 2nd May.
I tend to order something, forget about it, then get a nice surpirse when it arrives :)

Aluminium obviously will handle the heat better, but the material shouldn't effect the beam, as it is the coating that reflects, and the reflector shape that creates the beam profile.

Art

Enlightened
Don't expect rapid shipment and delivery from DX - not how they work.
e.g.
My MTE order 11th April, shipping notification 24th, arrived 2nd May.
I tend to order something, forget about it, then get a nice surpirse when it arrives :)

Aluminium obviously will handle the heat better, but the material shouldn't effect the beam, as it is the coating that reflects, and the reflector shape that creates the beam profile.

Seems like mine will be the same... order 17 and still all the items are pending waiting for supplier. :candle:

BTW, do they send chargers with Europe 220v plugs?

Regards,

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the MTE SSC P7 Max 900 lumens from DX, one of the early ones. I'd guess it to be around 400-450 lumens at best. LUX will be low, it's very floody. Maybe 3,000-4,000LUX. LUX only tells you the max intensity of the hot spot, which will give you an idea of how far the light will throw. I find it makes a nice light for walking, or mounting on my kid's stroller. Even on low it provides a lot of floody light without an intense hot spot. Also keep in mind LUX reads will vary from meter to meter. My light maybe 4,000LUX on my meter, 5,000LUX on someone else's, and 3,000LUX on another's.

Last edited:

Art

Enlightened
What is strange about the lux readings?

One of them is strange... or the Led lenser is an incredible thrower or the MTE is only a flood light.
Maybe the LL P7 is too high.. or something in the middle... MTE to low to?

I understand that different readers may have diferente values.

Will wait for the MTE to make a comparison on throw.

On flood a Led Lenser P7 has more less 400lux.

Regards

wkborda

Newly Enlightened
Is the LED lenser the one that runs of 4xAAA's? If so, the MTE will have no problems demolishing it. However, 11000 lux is a surprisingly high number, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Hahaha what is with people bashing on the LED Lensers? I don't know what the "old ones" were like, but I started owning the LED Lenser P5, then I bought the P7, and now I even dive with a Lenser, the D14 Frogman. These lights are absolutely astounding in terms of output. The build quality of these lights is superb, however they aren't military grade. It's like a fine laser pointer that you keep in a wooden/velvet-lined case, rather than a gun-mount that can handle 4000lbs of impact and is waterproof 300m. Ok well it's not that gentle but I certainly don't want to drop it; any of my lights for that matter. The hot spot of the P7 is as bright if not brighter than the MTE SSC (I own it as well). As someone said in an earlier post, the SSC is like a "wall of light" it just floods everything in front of you. For $37 shipped its a DARN good deal, and I will be buying another one, but PLEASE, don't hate on the LED Lensers until you own one. And I say own one because once you try one, you will want to buy it. The P5 is BY FAR the brightest 1xAA light available. And just wait until the P5R comes out....(li-ion AA version...)

Will post beamshots if absolutely necessary to prove my point
smile.gif