Anyone have $40G I can borrow?

batterystation

Enlightened
I have seen the RED shrink wrap at the Duracell plant. It is the ONLY plant in the USA that makes a CR123. Also note that a product can say "made in USA" even if the shrink is put on the battery here. "Made in USA" does NOT mean the cell was actually made in the USA, just that the process was finished in the USA.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Want some more information?

I just finished some research.....
Lets assume that Surefire batteries ARE manufactured in the USA.
Following is a list of battery manufactures in the 'United States'.
I use the ' ' because they don't all have manufacturing facilities in the US. US Battery Companies

On that list is Duracell, Sanyo, and Panasonic.
Duracell doesn't have anything indicating US manufacturing, but I'll trust Kevin. However, we have seen that their batteries don't look like Surefires' batteries.

Next is Sanyo. Sanyo has manufacturing in Mexico. Doesn't fit the made in the USA label. I don't have a Sanyo to compare to any ways.

Finally, there is Panasonic. Panasonic has 5 manufacturing plants in North America. Including a Lithium Battery Factory in Columbus, GA. Guess what division this falls under.........OEM. Hmmmm...
Panasonic Info

I don't know if Energizer has a plant in the US. However, I still find the "Made In the US for Energizer Holdings" interesting. They also bear a strong resemblance.
Has anyone done any Surefire vs Panasonic vs Energizer E2 testing? That could tell us if they indeed are the same....

brightnorm

Flashaholic
SUREFIRE:
"We buy in volume, have a minimal mark-up, and keep marketing and distribution costs down
<font color="red">by selling primarily over the Internet..."</font>

Not for long

Brightnorm

Latest posts