Anyone have Google Chrome web browser or seen it?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Tried it yesterday, but I didn't like that it didn't even bother to ask me where to install itself, so I uninstalled it after a quick look;)

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Tried it yesterday, but I didn't like that it didn't even bother to ask me where to install itself, so I uninstalled it after a quick look;)

Yeah, I was bothered by this, too. My C: drive is NOT where I want new programs installed; I want to keep that for system stuff, and put programs and data on a different drive.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I was bothered by this, too. My C: drive is NOT where I want new programs installed; I want to keep that for system stuff, and put programs and data on a different drive.

Based on a few installs and a quick look at what/where the actual installation takes place: I believe you could have Chrome install NOT on your C: drive IF you first configure XP so your "My Documents" folder resides on a different drive. This is possible and in fact, many corporate installations will point "My Documents" elsewhere for organizational purposes. Google Chrome seems to install in a folder under "My Documents" so wherever that folder is, Chrome will end up there, too.

At least that's what seems to be the case! :eek:oo: