Anyone know what type of laser this is?

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I've been wanting a couple of spares, one to adapt to bench work, and one to actually use as a pointer (imagine that!). I'd been leaning toward a bare module for the bench unit, but this is a pretty decent price...

SuperNinja

Enlightened
I received this laser today.

Mine came with a metal storage case, but it was obvious that the case was not designed for this particular laser pointer. It was designed for a pen with a built in laser or LED. Also included inside the case is three AG3 button cell batteries, which are useless for this pointer, since it uses AAA batteries (which are also included inside the pointer)

It is easier to pull the laser module out of this pointer than a leadlight. The head has a threaded cap that can come off. If you unscrew the cap just a little bit, you have a groove that you can put a screwdriver in and you can pull (not pry) the module out with a little patience.

It does not have a pot, so modding might be difficult.

I will post pics later.

Last edited:

wondergimp

Newly Enlightened
There is most likely a resistor that you can jump in order to get a higher current flow. I'd like to see those pictures of the inside there!

Frankdux

Newly Enlightened
SuperNinja said:
I received this laser today.

Mine came with a metal storage case, but it was obvious that the case was not designed for this particular laser pointer. It was designed for a pen with a built in laser or LED. Also included inside the case is three AG3 button cell batteries, which are useless for this pointer, since it uses AAA batteries (which are also included inside the pointer)

It is easier to pull the laser module out of this pointer than a leadlight. The head has a threaded cap that can come off. If you unscrew the cap just a little bit, you have a groove that you can put a screwdriver in and you can pull (not pry) the module out with a little patience.

It does not have a pot, so modding might be difficult.

I will post pics later.

Have you found anything out about that laser, I was going to order one too

SuperNinja

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been around this forum for a while.

Here are the pics (it is the 5mW version):

1complete8iq.jpg

2loosenedcaps2yn.jpg

3explodedview0xz.jpg

4threadedbushing2de.jpg

4front8ht.jpg

5back9mx.jpg

pixar

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell as delivered if you believe it's anywhere near 30mw?

It looks a bit more messy and cramped (less components?) than others whose pictures have been posted - almost like they put these together in small amounts.

Last edited:

VERbAlist216

Newly Enlightened
look at the rest of there electronics products they sell they all are cheap know offs i wouldnt bet on that site for example look at this

sku_0490_banner.jpg

Slim MP4 Player
$32.25 / pieces

product_03.gif
Ultra slim for maximum portability
product_03.gif
1.5 inch 65536 real color OLED screen
product_03.gif
Full metal construction with half mirror finish
product_03.gif
Designed by: T.2

2gigs is only 45 dollars get otu of here they must be fake or something

SuperNinja

Enlightened
VERbAlist216 said:
2gigs is only 45 dollars get otu of here they must be fake or something
I have bought from this company a few times already.

Their stuff is inexpensive, but it is certainly NOT fake.
(By that I mean their stuff it is not name brand, but it is functional, and does what the description claims)

And you need to look a little closer.
They are not selling the 2 gig Nano clone for 45 dollars.

They are selling a 256 Mb version for $32.25, and if you want the 2 gig version, you add $41.25

2 Gig Nano clone
Base price $32.25 (for 256 Mb version)
Upgrade to 2 gig 41.25
Tracking service 00.01
shipping 6.45

Total $79.96

Last edited:

still_cool40

Newly Enlightened
very interesting, i bought one exactly like this from uk dealer on ebay, claims to be 40mw but i think its probly 20 if lucky, very cool though, with a lens it burns stuff nicely. if anyone has mod id be interested to see it

Latest posts