Anyone seen these Samsung power LEDs? Seem like XP-G.

Creerules

Newly Enlightened
I have been experimanting with the Samsung 3535 LEDs with min. 140 Lumen@350mA as well. I had similar results:
Cree R5: 143Lumen
Nichia NVSW219A: 139Lumen(B13 Flux Bin)
Samsung 3535: 128Lumen(140Lumen Flux Bin)

The results show clearly: If you are up to the highest efficiancy the Samsung LED isnt the best option(yet?). But the price might be an option... though recently i saw some offers for Cree XPG at less then 3Euro/pcs... Didnt see the Samsung any cheaper yet in small quantities.
I large quantities the Samsung is an option for price sensible applications anyhow: You can buy the Cree XPG R5 at less then approx. 2 Euro even in huge quantities, for the Samsung 3535 i know prices go down to 1,30€/pcs or so...

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If you take the company that charges $2.00 for shipping on top of a $4.00 part and the one that charges $10, I can pretty much guarantee that the one that charges $10 is likely to be in business longer unless the $2.00 one is based in China. It takes resources (time, material) to find a part, pack it properly, affix a label, and ship it. One of those companies is loosing money, one is not. Which one do you think will be in business longer?
There are many businesses which have no shipping charges, as they treat it simply as part of the cost of doing business. However it works to their advantage when a customer knows that the purchase price is all they have to pay and it fosters customer loyalty to be treated well.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems this thread died off with any beamshots or tint discussion. I finally got some budget flashlights and dropins with this LED in them and to me the tint seems to be more 6500k than the 5000k. Has anyone else played with the Samsung 3535 LEDs?

ergotelis

Enlightened
I will post tomorrow some beamshots of a cool white 3535 led against cree cool&neutral xp-g and nichia new 219 emitter. I have a warm white 3535 led, if i decide to mod a host i will have that too in beamshots.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you take the company that charges $2.00 for shipping on top of a $4.00 part and the one that charges $10, I can pretty much guarantee that the one that charges $10 is likely to be in business longer unless the $2.00 one is based in China. It takes resources (time, material) to find a part, pack it properly, affix a label, and ship it. One of those companies is loosing money, one is not. Which one do you think will be in business longer?

Semiman

I was just linked to this post.

Ouch, that hurts.

Craig

ledstein

Newly Enlightened
Samsung has fixed his eye of the LED market as the next market to see high growth and high profits as flat TVs, mobile phones, tablets have high volumes but constantly decreasing profit margins. If we look at what Samsung did on these markets we can expect them trying to become a leader in LEDs too.

Here: http://on.fb.me/Joi2Ay
you can see that the Samsung 3535 is better than the Cree XP-G at flux, efficacy, resistance to heat but has a lower CRI and more wide performance intervals for a certain order code.

LedRise has them too, at a lower price: www.ledrise.com/leds/high-power-leds/f_1_samsung/

And seems XP-G is getting 20% cheaper too: www.ledrise.com/leds/high-power-leds/f_1_cree-xp-g/f_41_cree-leds-emitter/

mds82

Enlightened
So now i'd be curious to see how the Samsung LED compares to the new Cree XT-E. The XT-E is almost dirt cheep, around $1.00 each when bought in large quantities.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
+
....just noticed this thread,

About a week ago I got a MF drop-in w/ the Samsung emitter (the curiosity was killing me)
it's minutely larger than an xp-g, but the way the emitter works,,, you don't get that doughnut aspect of other emitters.

Overall an impressive showing by Samsung

See here post #1074 http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?217252-P60-sized-led-drop-ins-

Yeah I got a couple of the Ultrafire dropins you're referring to too and to me the tint looks cooler than the specs I read about have indicated. Of the places I've seen selling the Samsung 3535 LED, all have a 5000k spec for the tint and from the looks of any flashlight or dropin I've recently purchased with this LED, the tint to me looks more like 6000k-6500k...I would say the tint kind of reminds me of what I've seen from SSC P4 and P7 LEDs, so not sure if there's a Korean connection there and the phosphors that are used. I was really hoping these LEDs would be a warmer cool white that is actually in the 5000k range as the specs have stated on the websites selling them.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

I was most interested in beam shape, and that is good.
Tint is on the cooler side,, so it's filter fix time.

~ Quite a while back, I got this notion that the XP-G was like a SeoulSemiConductor Version 2.
When I saw Samsung was putting out emitters, I really was thinking,..'hmmm, SSC reborn?'

This emitter will be a true winner when it comes out in say 4000~4500K, if it even does:whistle:

jessy2012

Newly Enlightened
these are samsung 3535 LED (3535 mean 3.5x3.5mm size :p)

same as XP-G but I think samsung has smaller silicone dome. it looks flat than XP-G

Solder pad is exactly same as XP-G

Don't know about lumen output. however most samsung LEDs are little warm white. (even LEDs in their LCD monitors)

I feel the same, i work for a LED Factory who produce Samsung LED Bulbs before.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...so does anyone else have some experience with the Samsung 3535 LEDs? Guess these aren't so interesting with all the attention going to the Nichia 210 LEDs these days. I'm still curious if anyone actually got a 5000k tint Samsung 3535 since that's the spec I see posted everywhere I've seen them sold at.

Latest posts