Are Fenix Flashlights Really That good

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The OP is a person of few works. I had no bad issues with Fenix so one often gets tossed into the backpack.

loquutis79

Enlightened
chuckq, I have to agree with you on the PD32. Of the 5 Fenix lights I own that one is sort of my favorite. The TK35 is a huge chunk of beam but the flashlight is way to big for EDC, very fun to play with though. And a planned night time walk is great for its use. The TK21 is also a very, very bright light. And almost the perfect EDC if not for the slightly large head/reflector. My LD12 is very nice but lacks that kick I get from an 18650, have to run it on the higher modes most of the time. The E01, well it just hangs around on my keychain waiting for the right moment.
But the LD32...well I find it to be just right! Small enough to pass as an EDC but tossing out plenty of lumens. I have come to like the single diameter along the whole lenght of the light. Now to find a single 18650 with that shape that puts out 900 lumens!!!! :]

Good but not stunning lights in my view. I have a TrustFire X6 which has beautiful metalwork and the beam of which I like. And I have a SureFire UB3T Invictus which is probably the most advanced light currently available.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was dropped into a pellet stove, not a stove for cooking. I remember the thread on it. :)

Makes more sense. I was imagining some guy getting the turkey from the oven, flashlight between the teeth or something like that.

Is it the main heating system or just a backup? That would be an even worse test; No one cooks 40 times a day all week. :duh2:

fannin

Enlightened
yeah fenix the best build quality of all chinese lights i've tried, they the best chinese lights

CyberCT

Enlightened
All lights except one headlamp Fenix makes are IPX-8 waterproof. They are rated down to 10 feet waterdepth. I like that extra piece of mind especially when camping I have no worries about them getting rained on and malfunctioning. I have taken all my fenix lights underwater snorkeling before so I can vouch for that. Someone actually took their TK35 down to 90 feet while scubadiving, just to try it! The TK35 has got to be the best compact bright light they make or I have seen.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah fenix the best build quality of all chinese lights i've tried, they the best chinese lights

"The best chinese light"... I can't think of a comment that encompasses the appropriate combination of sarcasm, disgust, humor, and ridicule. :nana:

boscos

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for cracking open an old thread but I just wanted to add - Fenix states that it is better to purchase a light from a local distributor for warranty purpose. If I buy a light from a US distributor and say move to the UK, the UK distributor will not honor my warranty request, should one arise. I will either need to ship the light back to the US or to the main China service center.

While the light is really good I think ease of warranty plays a much important role in the purchase. I have had an Inova and the light went off and these guys shipped me a replacement light (international shipping included!) without me having to send in my old dead one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Honestly, when a topic is this old (7 years), the moderators and Admins. don't mind one bit if you start a brand new topic about the same subject matter. Especially since Fenix has updated its offerings over those years with brand new models that didn't exist in 2012.

Burgess

Flashaholic
WAITTT a MINUTE ! ! !

You mean Fenix is STILL AROUND ? ? ?

:thinking:

(Jusssst Kidding . . . . )

I have Plenty of Fenix flashlights !

And I've always felt the TRUE reason they became
* So Successful *
was due to the WONDERFUL support offered
by David Chow / 47's ! ! !

Not just a Dealer,
but the Exclusive North American DISTRIBUTOR !

Thank you for *EVERYTHING*, David Chow !

:twothumbs:thanks:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Same here !

Have several copies of EACH of those three !

They've all served me very well !

:thumbsup:
_

harro

Enlightened
I have the set of TK75's and probably 10 other assorted Fenix. A ratty old TK10Q5 was my first ever high performance led flashlight ( if you don't count the dabbling with a couple of LL's ), its scratched and knocked about and to this day, it keeps coming back for more!!! I think it was 2008 I bought it. A lot of people like 'em, and probably with good reason. I've never had a failure with any of mine, not to say it couldn't happen though. CONSISTANT, is a word that springs to mind.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one..and one only...the Fenix E01. I felt I should start and end with their best.

Back when LED flashlight made their debut, Fenix made a name for themselves that is still quite good. Fast forward 20 years and I think that the market is such these days that there are other companies that have offered comparable products for less money.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the LD41, I need to get the newer version. Nitecore is another brand I like. The EA81 and EA42 have light indicators on the switch so you can find them in the dark and good for power level checking.

Sos24

Enlightened
When I Navy shipboard duty I carried a Fenix light PD20. It endured a lot and is still working.
- being drenched, including in salt water
- dropped on steel decks, including bouncing down a ladder
- temperature extremes, including sub zero walk-in freezers and steam engineering spaces
These weren't just once for testing, but happened on at least a few occasions. Maybe I was lucky, but to me that speaks quality.

I also have used and currently have PD25, LD12 and E05 that I really like.

There are lots of other brands that have similar lights and quality that you may also want to check out, but I don't think you would go wrong getting a Fenix.

Last edited:

syga

Newly Enlightened
I own 2 Fenix lights. Both work great.
But, one thing I don't like is, lenses are not replaceable if damaged ( I may be wrong on this, so maybe someone can correct me)

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has always been one of my favorite brands. I've purchased a lot of their lights.......probably around 20 or more different models. Though I think I only own 9 models right now. More than half of those are obsolete, but I like them a lot so hanging on to them. For the most part they have had good regulated drivers. The tints of the CW are just so-so. I lost my good discount, coupled with not really liking some of the new releases and I haven't purchased a Fenix light in over a year or two. The last one was when they released the PD32,2016 model.

Since they haven't come out with stuff that I consider better than what I already have, there just hasn't been the desire. For example:

E15 (discontinued but keeping the one I have)
CL25 lantern (discontinued but keeping the one I have)
CL20 lantern (discontinued but keeping the one I have)
CL09
PD32, 2016 (not discontinued, but also not any better than the Sofirn SP31,V2.0 that is half the cost)
E05
HL10 (wife likes this one alot)
HL25 (discontinued but still have because its so well regulated and the UI is good. Got rid of the HL23 though it made more sense since it was just single AA).
HL50 (sold it in favor of the Olight H1 Nova)
PD25 (still have that one)
CL09 lantern
E12 was pretty neat when it came out but you can do better with a Sofirn SF14 or Lumintop Tool AA.
Owned a couple of the TK series lights but ended up selling them.
PD35 nice light but too similar to the PD32, 2016

With more and more built in USB rechargeable and proprietary batteries, and E-switch lights, my interest has been waning. I'm more a tail cap switch or twisty kind of guy. Also the budget varieties like Sofirn and Lumintop have some good offerings that are quite a bit less money. I now have 5 Sofirn models which have been purchased in the time since my last Fenix purchase.

Not saying that Fenix is bad. They are good but Fenix seems to be losing some to competition. At least from my standpoint. Now the only way I buy Fenix is if/when I get a really good discount.