Are "Pila's" Worth the Price?

Jerry B

Newly Enlightened
I have a Tiablo ACE light that sucks down rechargable cells pretty quickly. I've been researching all the available 18650 (or equivqalents) out there and it seems as though the Ferarri are Pilas and/or AW's.
I was a bit shocked at the price though when I actually found (after considerable searching) some Pilas that were equivalent to 18650's, and they were only rated at 2200mAh. What, if anything, is so superior about these batteries.. more runtime, more cycles, faster charging, longer overall usable life or what? The AW's are far less expensive. Is there that much quality gap between the two brands?

rockz4532

Enlightened
I always use AW's, and they are like the surefire of batteries. With a difference of ~200 mA, it really doesn't make a difference between the runtime. As far as I know, AW's are a lot more commonly used here than Pila's. XXXX-Fire cells always overrate their capacities, never use them.

skylar

Newly Enlightened
I would guess the real question is how do you want to charge your batts, and without buying the $100+ chargers. I would say AW with pila charger. But i know of some posts on this site that talk about chargers , others about li-ion batts and compare them mostly all known brands/types. Maybe one brand will do better with different light/bulb or set up than others. Simple answer isn't one battery that can be best for all requirements.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/67078

maybe that can help.

Latest posts