Are these 26650's any good?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there are two versions of the protected KeepPower 26650 5200mAh battery. The old one is longer, and (reportedly) will not fit in the Convoy L6 flashlight. The new version is shorter, and it (reportedly) does fit.

When I was in the Illumn store last week, I asked about this battery. I was told that the current stock at Illumn is the longer one that is a tight fit in the L6. Illumn is planning to stock the shorter one in the near future.

If you contact your vendor, it should be able to confirm which version of the protected KeepPower 26650 5200mAh battery it is selllng.

+1

My Keeppower protected 26650 which I bought a year ago at Illumination Supply are 70.1mm in length.

Capolini

Banned
Had some batteries from Gearbest arrive by Czech post yesterday, took a month.

Ordered from Illumn this afternoon, they are in the mail now....

:thumbsup:That is why I ALWAYS buy from American dealers like Illumns,you may save a few dollars ordering overseas but never know when your getting them! I have also got prices just as cheap ordering in USA and that includes shipping,,,,,,,so get order quickly and know that you are getting genuine merchandise or wait, wait and sometimes roll the dice. If there is a defect,good luck sending[and paying] it back to China!

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
:confused: Adventure Sport Flashlights is bundling them with the Convoy L6, so I sure hope they fit.
They actually do "fit" but the light doesn't work right. Flikkers on Hi mode. I got the bundle from A.S. And had to send the cells back. They refunded me plus shipping fees.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Indeed, US distributor will deliver to US address faster. But currently, I don't know ANY U.S. distributor, which would have LiitoKala 26650 cells in stock.

Capolini

Banned
Indeed, US distributor will deliver to US address faster. But currently, I don't know ANY U.S. distributor, which would have LiitoKala 26650 cells in stock.

We have comparable/better choices other than Liitokala. I was referencing the amount of TIME it took Gearbest to deliver nfetterly's order!;)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have comparable/better choices other than Liitokala. I was referencing the amount of TIME it took Gearbest to deliver nfetterly's order!;)
I would agree and 90% of my batteries our bought in country. I knew the risk of buying from gearbest.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
And which U.S. distributor sells batteries that perform same, or better than LiitoKala 26650, can you provide link?

CuriousOne

Enlightened
1. None of them delivers 5000mAh, as LiitoKala does.
2. They are at least 50% more expensive than Liitokala.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. None of them delivers 5000mAh, as LiitoKala does.
2. They are at least 50% more expensive than Liitokala.
Yes,but they deliver better current than 5000mAh or 52000mAh batteries and you do not have to wait to see if they will be delivered. Also go visit HJK 26650 Battery Comparator and look at the difference between 5000mAh batteries and 4200mAh batteries. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php

I ordered some Liitokala 5000mAh batteries on 7/14 from gearbest and they are on last report in Czech.

So go order from overseas and hope they come when you need them. :caution:

Oh, and you are welcome for the time I spent providing you with links. :devil:

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Yes,but they deliver better current than 5000mAh or 52000mAh batteries and you do not have to wait to see if they will be delivered. Also go visit HJK 26650 Battery Comparator and look at the difference between 5000mAh batteries and 4200mAh batteries. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php

I ordered some Liitokala 5000mAh batteries on 7/14 from gearbest and they are on last report in Czech.

So go order from overseas and hope they come when you need them. :caution:

Oh, and you are welcome for the time I spent providing you with links. :devil:
Im wondering this...say a cell has 4200mah but can provide 30 amps continuously, call that (Cell A) Than you have a cell that is 6000mah but can only provide 15amps continuously (CellB) . The light you need the cells for has a max draw of 10 amps. Would cell B be the better choice as it can power the light to its max for longer than cell (A)?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im wondering this...say a cell has 4200mah but can provide 30 amps continuously, call that (Cell A) Than you have a cell that is 6000mah but can only provide 15amps continuously (CellB) . The light you need the cells for has a max draw of 10 amps. Would cell B be the better choice as it can power the light to its max for longer than cell (A)?
I am not qualified to give an exact answer as I am still learning, but finding correlations is not an easy task. It is the reason I visit HJK's Battery Comparator often to try to see pattern in how different cells perform.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php