Are you faithful to only one brand?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nope! Very few brands offer a wide range of lights at high quality that can do everything and cover a wide range of battery options.

Streamlight actually comes close. But not perfect.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I have some brands that naturally attract my attention than others, but none are faithful to me alone, and I will use them until I find something that better serves my purposes - I'm pragmatic like that.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
As a principle I have no faith in anything. ("faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense and understanding." - Martin Luther)

But I have developed confidence in certain companies, both first and second-hand confidence.

When I can ... Malkoff Devices, SureFire, HDS, Mag-Lite (hosts) ........ <--- Never had a failure with them yet.

When I must ... Foursevens, Fenix, Zebralight. ........... <--- had light failures and malfunctions with all of these manufacturers.

Never ... Most Asian-manufactured low-quality "high value" lights. <--- would expect imminent failure and malfuction with any of these manufacturers.

I have a diverse collection as far as battery types, and the three there (SF, MD, HDS, ML) do not make good lights in many battery types, such as CR2, AA, AAA ... With some exception of course ... But for those I've had to go with East-Asian manufactured lights of hopefully moderately trustworthy companies.

edit: At one point I had more lights manufactured in East Asia than USA. Many of those have since died, leaving me with more lights manufactured in USA than East Asia.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a flashlight whore, so no, I'm not very faithful. I started with Rayovac because I knew they had decent products, then tried Terralux, then over to Fenix, which impressed me. I stuck with Fenix for quite a while, mostly to avoid bad experiences. Then I kept reading and reading and became an interface whore, so I started splurging in different brands. Now that I have pretty much everything I need, I'm looking at how different a light is from what I have, so I'm less faithful than ever although I tend to stick mostly with the brands I have had good experiences with, but not exclusively. Just like a whore building up her clientele. :kiss:

donalddarko

Newly Enlightened
My first "real" flashlight I purchased was a maglite, but after I started buying Fenix lights I've remained pretty brand loyal to them. Love the look and everything about the lights that they make.

DNA2012

Newly Enlightened
Not so much... My favorite would be Fenix. But I like many of the Trustfires as well.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Not married to one brand... :devil: I started off with two Surefires right off the bat, but then quickly found HDS, Fenix, JetBeam, Dereelight, Maratac, Solarforce, Zebralight, Spark, Sunwayman, Veleno, CPF customs, etc.

I have found that, after a few years and more than a few lights, I have narrowed my focus down to battery type more than brand.

Last edited:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. I'm not very brand conscious in anything I buy and I'm not a collector. Sticking with one brand limits options. Limiting options artificially tends to produce less effective decisions.

allan d

Newly Enlightened
No, not now, but I started with Surefire (now with Malkoff) and that was it for years. But I have added Streamlight, Sunwayman, Olight, Solarforce, Eagletac and a few others to my collection.

If I see something interesting, I'll buy it and if I don't like it I'll mod it.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I'm not faithful to a single brand but the bulk of my flashlights are Surefires. My main EDC is a Surefire C2 and I rotate some smaller ones when I go out. Just about every time I try a different brand I get spanked by the lacking quality or something happens. I bought one of the first Nitecores that was offered in the US. I gave that one to my wife and not long after a Li On battery leaked inside of it ruining the flashlight.
I bought a FourSevens Preon and the threads on that flashlight started falling apart when I attempted to replace the battery. I recently got a Thrunite TI and I have issues with it already. It will only do low mode now.
Also I have a trusty Streamlight pen light on my pocket while at work. I have dropped this thing so many times and abused and it has always worked. The batteries last a long time. For a moment there it almost got replaced by the Thrunite Ti because the Ti was much brighter. Now they are about even but the streamlight has proven itself.

pedersen

Newly Enlightened
Not really no, however I do favor surefire!

Only, they dont meet every requirement for all of my applications. So I do have some jetbeam, maglite, solarforce flashlights and so on. Plus that there are so much goodies out there that one cant possibly choose just one manufacturer :D