you are only allowed one flash light for rest of your life.What is it ?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i'm only to have 1 for the rest of my life, it would have to be more than just a white light, i'd want colors, lasers , trits maybe, ..... lol I do not think anyone makes one like that, I'd have to design and build one myself.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i'm only to have 1 for the rest of my life, it would have to be more than just a white light, i'd want colors, lasers , trits maybe, ..... lol I do not think anyone makes one like that, I'd have to design and build one myself.

now that you mention it, it would be handy to have both white light and UV. Colors could be had through filters. I have a Streamlight Night Com UV and that would be acceptable but I'd really rather have a better UI, high CRI emitter, and a couple other tweaks... we're in custom territory now aren't we?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is why my choice would center more around design of the light than power or function.

The only time I went for an extended time without electricity C/D MagLites got me through just fine. STick a 5 or 4 D cell down the side of a couch and bounce light off the ceiling to light a room. The first night when I didn't know the power would be back on right away I had all of them on and it seemed as if I still had power.

Rwilliam

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore's latest SRT7i, best one yet. Approximately 470 foot beam throw, 3000 lumens, tail stands. Near infinite adjustability. 6 nitecore lights over many years 3 head lamps zero issues 100% reliable.

fuyume

Enlightened
I've wondered that, is there any rattle when using a CR123 in a 18350 tube?
My Nitecore EC11 came with a little plastic tube to take up the extra space if I'm using a 16340 (which is what I use) or CR123A.

fuyume

Enlightened
This question is a logical oxymoron. If only one light -- that means that something terribly wrong has happened. SHTF. The most abundant batteries everywhere are AA alcaleaks. So you have the only AA flashlight (any other source of power will exhaust very quickly; remember? -- there is no power supply anywhere) and use alcaleaks that eventually kill your only flashlight. Eh?

So, the only feasible plan would be is to have a bunch of AA lights, not one of them.

This is why I have a Fenix E12 and HM23, both single AA lights, and I'm going to add the Nitecore LA10 CRI I think it is? The little lipstick lantern one, with the nicer color rendition.