Armytek Dobermann

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
Ya 20k lux is way too low for this light. Mine matches my olight sr51 which self built measured at 40k lux. I saw a thread on here where the doberman was measured at slightly over 40k lux which is what I believe mine is producing, though I have no lux meter to verify

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest that your unit is faulty. It should definitely throw 37k to 40k Lux. I am assuming it is a Dobermann Pro XP-L HI.

Are you using a good quality cell. Efest 18650 3100mAh 20A or Eagletac 18650 3500 mAh 10A cell.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest that your unit is faulty. It should definitely throw 37k to 40k Lux. I am assuming it is a Dobermann Pro XP-L HI.

Are you using a good quality cell. Efest 18650 3100mAh 20A or Eagletac 18650 3500 mAh 10A cell.

Yes. Dobermann Pro.
Multiple Panasonic GA unprotected, among others.
Definitely faulty: as confirmed by ceiling bounce, lux meter measurement, DMM measurement, actual usage, and its high temp protection never needed to kick in, despite being in room temp of 70 degrees F.

3rd light in a row that is faulty. I've already had to return the first two on my own dime. Waited for more than 4 months for is one. Dealer is probably not going to accept a return, as the light functions, albeit way below specs.

And Armytek has gone into hiding to wait this out.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Dang. I was looking to buy one. Unless I missed it what do you think the output is in terms of lumens?

Edit. Ok I see you said it was less than 800.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Lux reading of my Dobermann Pro V3 HI (5 twists) done some time ago at 2m after 30sec with LG MJ1:

12170lux=48.6kcd

I will repeat that test with GA tonight to be sure because I have another test on High that is lower. I do not remember if it was done on high or "turbo". I will let you know.

Do the same test and we could compare.

Do you have a cool white as the Predator or Barracuda or a more neutral one?

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
Hey scs, did the 2 lights you sent back have low output as well? Or were they sent back for other issues?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux reading of my Dobermann Pro V3 HI (5 twists) done some time ago at 2m after 30sec with LG MJ1:

12170lux=48.6kcd

I will repeat that test with GA tonight to be sure because I have another test on High that is lower. I do not remember if it was done on high or "turbo". I will let you know.

Do the same test and we could compare.

Do you have a cool white as the Predator or Barracuda or a more neutral one?

Mine is the 5 twists as well.
CW.
The bottom of the driver looks different from those of the previous 2, so AT must have switched drivers between the 3 twist version and 5 twist version. In the tailcap, AT also added a plastic washer with cutouts between the clicky and the bottom washer that presses down on the lip of the switch boot.

Thanks, gyzmo.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang. I was looking to buy one. Unless I missed it what do you think the output is in terms of lumens?

Edit. Ok I see you said it was less than 800.

You might have better luck. I've gotten all the rotten ones. :)

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey scs, did the 2 lights you sent back have low output as well? Or were they sent back for other issues?

No. The 2 previous ones worked out of the box, but each malfunctioned after a month of intermittent use.
I'm curious whether their defect was one reason AT has switched drivers in the light.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
My lux test for my DP v3 HI(5twists)

Fully charged cells with 30 min. resting time. Measures taken 30 sec after power on at a 2m distance.

LG MJ1: 12160 lux. 48.6 kcd
Sanyo GA unprotected:11750 lux 47.0kcd
PanaB : 11500 lux 46.0kcd

The Ga have around 10 cycles old

The LG have only one cycle for capacity testing.

The ncr18650b have around 5 cycles.

The tint of my Dobermann cw(left), my Predator Pro Hi cw(center) and Barracuda Pro V2 HI cw(right) My DP is supposed to be a CW but not the same CW as my PP and Barracuda V2 Pro HI

hebergeur image

Predator and Doberman

heberger une image

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are welcome. I look forward yours to compare and to see if you have a lemon another time.

It's a confirmed lemon, gyzmo. No doubt about it. Ceiling bounce, lux meter, field test, temperature, all indicate less than spec'ed output and much less than spec'ed throw.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. Another trip to China. Did you contact Armytek? If yes, it's gonna be a good job to explain that on the video they will ask you to do. Good chance.[emoji6]

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that. Another trip to China. Did you contact Armytek? If yes, it's gonna be a good job to explain that on the video they will ask you to do. Good chance.[emoji6]

At this point, I'm sick and tired of Armytek. I'm not going to pursue it as long as it keeps working.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured 37k Lux on this ages ago using my NIST certified Extech EA30 lightmeter.

It's still a good replacement over my Nitecore P12GT and Eagletac T25C2, both XP-L HI.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Yes. Dobermann Pro.
Multiple Panasonic GA unprotected, among others.
Definitely faulty: as confirmed by ceiling bounce, lux meter measurement, DMM measurement, actual usage, and its high temp protection never needed to kick in, despite being in room temp of 70 degrees F.

3rd light in a row that is faulty. I've already had to return the first two on my own dime. Waited for more than 4 months for is one. Dealer is probably not going to accept a return, as the light functions, albeit way below specs.

And Armytek has gone into hiding to wait this out.

Hi! Sorry for such a delay in replying.
Thank you for describing the problem. I have sent information to our technical manager. We guess that the equipment you use is not suitable in a good way for lumens` measurements. Lumens can be measured by special spheres, not by multimeters.

A47_ED49_E3368_EFBC4_B24641_FA7_EC7_D373_AAA33_B50_D0_C8_BD.png

But I understand your dissatisfaction. And if you think that the light doesn`t work in a good way - you can always contact [email protected].

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Hi! Sorry for such a delay in replying.
Thank you for describing the problem. I have sent information to our technical manager. We guess that the equipment you use is not suitable in a good way for lumens` measurements. Lumens can be measured by special spheres, not by multimeters.

A47_ED49_E3368_EFBC4_B24641_FA7_EC7_D373_AAA33_B50_D0_C8_BD.png

But I understand your dissatisfaction. And if you think that the light doesn`t work in a good way - you can always contact [email protected].

I believe they are taliking about LUX not Lumens.

Last edited: