Aspheric XR-E needle (now with beamshots)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Aspheric XR-E needle

Super cool :huh:

The copper sink looks very slick
Did you machine that yourself ???

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave:

Very cool light Freddy.

That heatsink is BEEFY i like.

:hitit:

Great work as always and such a pleasure reading your posts.

criollo

Enlightened

Freddy,

Beautiful work !! :thumbsup:

You surpass yourself yet again, and remain as much of an inspiration as ever. :twothumbs

Awesome !! :faint::faint::faint:

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Icarus, first of all, that is a beautiful light. The choice of Nanomiser's bezel is absolutely stunning and will enhance the appearance of any flashlight that has the honor of wearing it. Nicely, nicely done.

Illum is right about your pouring of the GITD......it is very very nicely done. Do you pour the whole thing at once or get close, let it even out a bit then add a touch more for perfection? Would you mind giving us a little hint on just how you do make yours look so nice?

How much powder do you add or is there a specific thickness you are looking for?

Bob E.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
just as I thought, beautiful light, sort of useless in the woods:crazy:
A needle shaped beam with no spill at all is inherent to aspheric lenses. :shrug: Therefore these lights have limit use but it has to be said they throw like hell. :devil: Even the picture in the woods gives a good idea of how intense the hotspot of the aspheric is compared to more general purpose lights. :)

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
A "useless" Icarus light? Impossible! Only scared to use since they are so nice. :nana:

Illum

Flashaholic
A needle shaped beam with no spill at all is inherent to aspheric lenses. :shrug: Therefore these lights have limit use but it has to be said they throw like hell. :devil: Even the picture in the woods gives a good idea of how intense the hotspot of the aspheric is compared to more general purpose lights. :)

If I live in the city I'm gonna need a thrower...but too bad I live in a wooded area at the moment...throwers are awesome but they work like lasers for me:nana:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus, first of all, that is a beautiful light. The choice of Nanomiser's bezel is absolutely stunning and will enhance the appearance of any flashlight that has the honor of wearing it. Nicely, nicely done.

Illum is right about your pouring of the GITD......it is very very nicely done. Do you pour the whole thing at once or get close, let it even out a bit then add a touch more for perfection? Would you mind giving us a little hint on just how you do make yours look so nice?

How much powder do you add or is there a specific thickness you are looking for?

Bob E.

Thanks Bob for the kind words. :) I mix the whole amount of epoxy at once. Key is to use slow curing epoxy (not the 5 min stuff). I'm always using Devcon Crystal Clear 2T. It goes without saying that it is crucial to keep the part level (I'm using a small bricklayer's level). I'll post a picture tomorrow. As for the amount of glow powder to use, mix as much as possible. The more the better it glows. I learned the glow epoxy technique long time ago from the master himself… my good old friend and well known member Darkzero ( :wave: ).

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just beautifull Freddy, as always:twothumbs...:clap:...:bow:

Very best regards

_________
Thomas:wave:

Hello Thomas, I just read your email. Good to hear you arrived safely in Cadiz my friend. :thumbsup: I'm already looking forward to your next message. :wave: