Aspherical Mag

Sable

Enlightened
Well, if you are making a pile of these, please do add me to the list. This would make a great toy for foggy days.

gammaray1965

Newly Enlightened
It seems lie Mac is very busy to reply!
rolleye11.gif

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not tried it on anything other than the Seoul or Cree LED's. The lens would not work on hotwires but the Osram's might be cool. Kenster has one of the lenses and a Osram I'll ask him to check it out :)

Mac

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried this lens on my USL and a Mag74 and the results were...interesting. It projects the exact image of the filament when focused. Throwy...yes, but really weird. Also tried it out on my XY0S LuxV and it casts the 4 dies clearly. And you thought the LuxV donut hole was bad. :green:

-DF

Timson

Enlightened
Just had a go at throwing one of these together myself.......Not quite as elegant as Mac's Sub 1D version....I went with what I had lying around.... a direct drive 3D, powered by 3 x 9000Mah Ni-Mh D cells.
It amounts to pretty much the same thing - 1.2A on fresh cells.

Went out down by the canal where it's nice and dark and fired her up..........All I can say is WOW :drool:

On tightest focus it throw's like crazy (As we already know), but what really surprised me was how useful the spread of light was when de-focussed.

It's not just a show light - but actually really useable with a smooth, even beam.

Spent some time grinning like a fool as I shone it around on tight focus...Scaring a group of ducks from their slumbers about 300ft away down the canal and shining it into the night sky for the light sabre effect. :naughty:

No self respecting flashaholic should be without one of these.....Absolutely brilliant :rock:

Tim.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, I want one, just like in your first post. I will post in your sign up thread too.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Empyfree

Enlightened
DFiorentino said:
I've tried this lens on my USL and a Mag74 and the results were...interesting. It projects the exact image of the filament when focused. Throwy...yes, but really weird. Also tried it out on my XY0S LuxV and it casts the 4 dies clearly. And you thought the LuxV donut hole was bad. :green:

-DF

We've got to see a picture of this! :eek:oo:

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Mac am in for 1 if your making more please put me on the list :grin2:!!!

Black body would be great :popcorn:

Have you tried to mod a Lumapower D-Mini with a aspherical lense just wanderin how it will come out!!!

:popcorn:

Freyth

Enlightened
Put me in for 1 if you're producing more of these too. Thanks!