Awesome Older Tech Gadgets

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Image taken January 2016: 1982 Commodore 64 (1 Mhz processor, 64 KB RAM,) still in use at an auto repair shop in Poland.

JBPnlcJ.jpg

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Image taken January 2016: 1982 Commodore 64 (1 Mhz processor, 64 KB RAM,) still in use at an auto repair shop in Poland.

JBPnlcJ.jpg

Hmmmm. Anyone remember what country the Commodore was manufactured in? We don't know, that could be the 50th one that they have had in use there, or it could be the only one that they've ever used...it would be interesting to know! :sssh:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Spring reverb unit. If you've ever heard the boing-ey metallic sound of 60s' surf guitar, you've heard one of these babies in action. Audio is fed into a transducer at one end of the springs and it's picked up by another transducer at the other end. The reverb audio is then mixed with the "dry" sound for the final effect.

Hammond also used them in their organs to produce that big, lush cathedral sound.

ven

Flashaholic

JBPnlcJ.jpg

That was my 1st computer...............memories!!!! Barry McCguigan boxing and fist/fist2 ! to name some of maybe 30+ games on tape. Did not always work though...........the anticipation of if a game would load or not watching the load screen still haunts me today

load"*",8,1

Burgess

Flashaholic
I'm still using all my Original
Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargeable NiMH batteries.

They were manufactured " 06 08 "
which means August 2006 .

I bought 'em October 2006, at Circuit City.

Been using them quite heavily
for the past * DECADE * now !

:wow:

Certainly got my money's worth, eh ?

Truly nothing short of AMAZING ! ! !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
_

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are amazing batteries! I don't think I've had one go bad yet, other than one AAA that doesn't seem to hold as much juice as it used to, they all still work!

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Barry McCguigan boxing and fist/fist2 ! to name some of maybe 30+ games on tape. Did not always work though...........the anticipation of if a game would load or not watching the load screen still haunts me today

load"*",8,1

That's loading from the diskette drive-- the cassette would be device 1. The ",1" appended to the command is to specify that the contents of the file should be loaded starting in memory described within the file header itself-- usually done with machine language programs.

'Course, dealing with the "Wheel of Fortune" 1541 drive you might still wait and wait to learn that the file still didn't load. Those 1541s got out of alignment easily.

ven

Flashaholic
Your memory is far better than mine Alaric, thinking back i was around 12, maybe 13 when my dad bought one with lots of games on cassette. My 1st real experience of a computer other than the BBC type i had used a little(next door had one).
When I was 16 I got a sega megadrive which is a pretty cool old tech gadget. Super shinobi, golden axe , strider to name 3 games Having a cartridge to stick in, instant on and the jump up in graphics(16 bit iirc) was amazing back the, real cutting edge stuff that worked. Back in 1991 the games then were £40 which is not much different to today's ps4 game pricing, so quite a luxury i guess.

Latest posts