Barbolight is here again.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javier, what a pleasant surprise!
I am glad to see (read from you) again!

Back in 2008 I wrote my first review of the Barbolight U04 on the German Messerforum. I had several Barbolight flashlights (including the special editions) and with today, I still own 3:
My first U04, a T220 and a T900 (both were provided by you for testing).
The U04 was slightly modded with an XML LED (long time ago), the T900 is in my patrol bag (still like the beautiful beam and color). The T220 was a user and abuser and there is something loose in the head (I can hear it rattle), so it sits in my shelf most of the time.

I am absolutely interested in a new version of the U04 for tactical/police use!
1x 18650, a modern LED, a useful amount of power, and the famous bomb proof built quality of Barbolight.
Will there be the momentary switch again?
And please use the rough knurling like it was on the old and first U04. In all the years I never found a knuling better than this!

Did you ever think about using an TIR optic?

I am really happy to see new products and livesigns from you.

Greetings from Germany
Michael
Great stuff here Mike. Makes me more excited to get this light! Thanks for writing these positive points:)

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, and sorry for the hyper slow update on this thread. Well, I just came from LV, as I attended the DEMA SHOW (Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association), with the idea of being able to make the necessary agreements to set up technical service in the States as well and on other countries. My policy is to try to be able to give the best possible CS before selling the lights. Not an easy job, but up to now is working.

When are the lights going to be ready? In fact everything is ready, just wanted to make it perfect, but before the end of the year I will be able to offer you the first run.

BTW, here you are one picture of us playing with the lights in Valley of Fire, exactly the U-15.

2mo1gg7.jpg

jdboy

Enlightened
Looks like a very usable beam profile, great work! Will you let us know about sales via this thread or will there be another thread started in the "Sales" forums we need to watch out for?

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, and sorry for the hyper slow update on this thread. Well, I just came from LV, as I attended the DEMA SHOW (Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association), with the idea of being able to make the necessary agreements to set up technical service in the States as well and on other countries. My policy is to try to be able to give the best possible CS before selling the lights. Not an easy job, but up to now is working.

When are the lights going to be ready? In fact everything is ready, just wanted to make it perfect, but before the end of the year I will be able to offer you the first run.

BTW, here you are one picture of us playing with the lights in Valley of Fire, exactly the U-15.

2mo1gg7.jpg
Perfect !!!!!! Christmas present to myself. Beautiful picture. Thank you for the update!!

Khsaccali

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to high quality flashlights and CPF, but this sure seems like a light that will be worth the wait. I hope we see more info soon.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great lights but I'm afraid still poor customer service. Last login was 25th of November.... more than 7 weeks ago.... :shakehead

Capolini

Banned
I noticed the same thing just by observation when checking out this thread!

His last "Post" on this thread is actually NOVEMBER 23RD,2016! :mecry:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the same thing just by observation when checking out this thread!

His last "Post" on this thread is actually NOVEMBER 23RD,2016! :mecry:

Sorry... But, are you complaining about the customer service of a product that has not been sold to anyone by a company that has not been set up? That is surreal... at least.
I decided to post information about upcoming lights, and did it here first than in any other place. If I havent updated information is because there is no information to update, that's it.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see you post Javier! Just stumbled onto this thread, love the lights! Stay safe and hope all goes well for you! Thanks for not forgetting CPF.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see you post Javier! Just stumbled onto this thread, love the lights! Stay safe and hope all goes well for you! Thanks for not forgetting CPF.

Thank you sledhead. People like you makes me post and keep you informed. During the last weeks I have been working in improving the drivers and the reflectors, which were already good enough but I thought they could be better. At the same time I have been working is some other designs quite innovative. Will keep you updated when it is time to.
Thank you again.

Javier

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you sledhead. People like you makes me post and keep you informed. During the last weeks I have been working in improving the drivers and the reflectors, which were already good enough but I thought they could be better. At the same time I have been working is some other designs quite innovative. Will keep you updated when it is time to.
Thank you again.

Javier
That's very exciting. These lights are a must have for sure!!

Zandar

Enlightened
I appreciate the update as well. Taking time to make it right is always better.

Kinlaird

Newly Enlightened
Javier :) great so see you back are you still diving ?

I have not looked at CPF since the company stopped I guess that is testament to how good your torches are. I am still carrying three t u-15s with me (one of which I dropped 7 years ago which then spent 3 months at 70mtrs in the middle of the English Channel) when I dive they always keep me lit up and nice to know you have an indestructible lamp with you when you need one in fact I only logged on today to look for anyone selling an old umbilical lead.
Looking forward to updating to new torches if you decide to manufacture again.
Safe Diving Glenn aka Kinlaird

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javier :) great so see you back are you still diving ?

I have not looked at CPF since the company stopped I guess that is testament to how good your torches are. I am still carrying three t u-15s with me (one of which I dropped 7 years ago which then spent 3 months at 70mtrs in the middle of the English Channel) when I dive they always keep me lit up and nice to know you have an indestructible lamp with you when you need one in fact I only logged on today to look for anyone selling an old umbilical lead.
Looking forward to updating to new torches if you decide to manufacture again.
Safe Diving Glenn aka Kinlaird

Thanks you very much, Glenn. A post like this well deserves the announcement of a new and original product, the Barbolight V04

Kinlaird

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Javier
A very nice looking light I like the new body and it looks great on the goodmans handle with the camera.

I have spent too much time wreck diving in poor vis :) for me its a tight beam spot light everytime will pick up a new U-15 when they become available though :)

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Javier
A very nice looking light I like the new body and it looks great on the goodmans handle with the camera.

I have spent too much time wreck diving in poor vis :) for me its a tight beam spot light everytime will pick up a new U-15 when they become available though :)

thanks Kinlaird. You will be pleased with the 3º angle of the U15.
Javier

Parz1val

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker.

I just bought a U-15 and a U-04 as my new primary and secondary dive light.

will let you all know how it turns out ;)