"Bath Salts" Cannibal story (gory; caution)

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: "Bath Salts" LSD (likely) Terrible event(s)

If booze were illegal, most drinkers will still find a way to get it. But some will decide to move onto different things, like drinking turpentine or chewing on leaves or dropping a hit of speed.

Also, I heard another story about a guy who was brandishing a knife. When police asked him to drop the knife, he started stabbing and cutting himself. The police called for SWAT support after the man started throwing pieces of his own intestine and flesh at them.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

When police asked him to drop the knife, he started stabbing and cutting himself. The police called for SWAT support after the man started throwing pieces of his own intestine and flesh at them.

Sweet! Talk about cleaning out the gene pool :)

Trevtrain

Enlightened

but in such dire situation.. me beeing outof shape round guy, im not sure which is the likely scenario:

am i one of the first to go weak and look like several easy meals to the others. :)
or
am i the first one to look at others with hungry eyes and imagining the others as pork chops. :)

Then perhaps you might like to read this and be glad you weren't an escaping convict in 19th century Tasmania :faint:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pearce

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Trevtrain, I actually had the movie at some point and I think started watching it but got bored.
Gotta see if I still have it :)

I like the last part...

It is reported that just before Pearce was hanged, he said, "Man's flesh is delicious. It tastes far better than fish or pork."

Greta

Flashaholic

FWIW... here in AZ, eating a dead human is illegal. It is called desecration of a corpse. It's actually covered by the Eighth Amendment which covers cruel and unusual punishment. I believe that at this time though, it is a state by state thing.

nbp

Flashaholic

FWIW... here in AZ, eating a dead human is illegal. It is called desecration of a corpse. It's actually covered by the Eighth Amendment which covers cruel and unusual punishment. I believe that at this time though, it is a state by state thing.

How does cruel and unusual punishment apply if the the person is already dead? Some of the things morticians do to bodies are anything but pleasant to think about. And that doesn't even take into account what happens to you if you donate your body to science. I read an outstanding book called Stiff which discussed things cadavers are used for. If ballistics testing and body farms don't qualify as cruel and unusual, I don't see how eating a person does.

Note: I don't condone cannibalism, and I completely respect a person's decision to donate their body to science.

Greta

Flashaholic

nbp - cadavers that are used for science like you describe have the permission of either the person themself (authorized in a will or other document before they died) or a family member who is authorized to make that decision... and with regards to what morticians do, they are also exempt as they have permission as well to do whatever is necessary. Believe it or not there was a huge debate about whether or not cremation was desecration. The ruling was that it is not.

The Eighth Amendment refers to things like dismemberment and such. Back in the day when people were put to death for crimes or whatever and then their corpses were dismembered or desecrated in some other way (think head on a pike on a bridge), it was considered cruel and unusual punishment. I'm trying to find the paper I read on it for a class. When I find it, I'll post a link.

Oh... and also... desecration of a corpse is considered a war crime and a violation of the Geneva Convention. Remember that video not too long ago of those marines urinating on Taliban corpses? It is likely those marines will be tried and convicted of a war crime.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Note: I don't condone cannibalism...

So, our get together to feast on someone is off then?

Talked to one of my local cops today and he said that the laws differ from state to state and according to the what I posted earlier,
there is no law against it per se on federal level it seems.

If you haven't read it already, read about the cannibal in germany and see how they dealt with him when they had NO laws
against chomping on your fellow man..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Greta, this again brings me to the thing about the German guy. He had the permission of the guy (whom he ate) to EAT him!

Greta

Flashaholic

Ok... I found what I was looking for. The Crimes Act of 1790 called for the death penalty for treason and then the mutilation of the corpse. This was later repealed as a violation of the Eighth Amendment and considered to be cruel and unusual punishment. FWIW - floggings fall into the same category... :p

nbp

Flashaholic

nbp - cadavers that are used for science like you describe have the permission of either the person themself (authorized in a will or other document before they died) or a family member who is authorized to make that decision... and with regards to what morticians do, they are also exempt as they have permission as well to do whatever is necessary. Believe it or not there was a huge debate about whether or not cremation was desecration. The ruling was that it is not.

The Eighth Amendment refers to things like dismemberment and such. Back in the day when people were put to death for crimes or whatever and then their corpses were dismembered or desecrated in some other way (think head on a pike on a bridge), it was considered cruel and unusual punishment. I'm trying to find the paper I read on it for a class. When I find it, I'll post a link.

Oh... and also... desecration of a corpse is considered a war crime and a violation of the Geneva Convention. Remember that video not too long ago of those marines urinating on Taliban corpses? It is likely those marines will be tried and convicted of a war crime.

So if you wrote up a contract with a family member, for example, instructing that you wish to be eaten upon death, could they then do so with impunity? I am sure a coroner would still have to come and pronounce you legally dead of natural causes so that there was no chance of the family being charged with homocide, but in that case, it would seem that the contract would not be so different from the situation where you give scientists the right to dice you up for experiments. Plus, the act would not be done out of malice or contempt, and certainly not in the public eye such as the other examples you gave. People get matching tatoos or carry vials of each other's blood around; why not bind yourselves eternally together by eating the other when they pass on? :rolleyes:

nbp

Flashaholic

Greta, this again brings me to the thing about the German guy. He had the permission of the guy (whom he ate) to EAT him!

Part of the problem there was that he started to eat him while he was still alive I believe. That one is hard to defend.

Greta

Flashaholic

You're talking apples and oranges. That is in Germany - a whole different country with whole different laws that are outlined in that article. My take is that we were talking about the United States with regards to legality.

Greta

Flashaholic

So if you wrote up a contract with a family member, for example, instructing that you wish to be eaten upon death, could they then do so with impunity? I am sure a coroner would still have to come and pronounce you legally dead of natural causes so that there was no chance of the family being charged with homocide, but in that case, it would seem that the contract would not be so different from the situation where you give scientists the right to dice you up for experiments. Plus, the act would not be done out of malice or contempt, and certainly not in the public eye such as the other examples you gave. People get matching tatoos or carry vials of each other's blood around; why not bind yourselves eternally together by eating the other when they pass on? :rolleyes:

Um... cuz now I think you're just being silly... :ironic: But I'll tell ya what... give it a try and let me know how it works out for you.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

floggings fall into the same category... :p

Ooo, this reminds me of a sign I sign somewhere saying "The floggings will continue till morale improves"

That's the spirit :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Part of the problem there was that he started to eat him while he was still alive I believe. That one is hard to defend.

By request from his victim...

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're talking apples and oranges. That is in Germany - a whole different country with whole different laws that are outlined in that article. My take is that we were talking about the United States with regards to legality.

Well, we may be but I thought it was very interesting for many reasons.

nbp

Flashaholic

Um... cuz now I think you're just being silly... :ironic: But I'll tell ya what... give it a try and let me know how it works out for you.

Quite serious, actually. While repulsive and contrary to nature and certainly not something people should do, I don't really see why you would not be able to eat another person so long as no harm was done to them while still alive. Once you're dead you're dead. Whether you are being eaten or burned or diced up by scientists or tossed in a field or left on the top of Everest, what's the difference? It's dust to dust for every corpse, in one way or another. :shrug:

That said, raging acid addicts eating other people's faces probably should be gunned down by police.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also, I'm kinda with nbp on this one because I also feel that what you do with yourself or your body is your business as long as it doesn't hurt others.
Ie, if you want to have someone eat you, dead or alive, it should be your business and I strongly disagree with the laws in many or most countries
that prohibit suicide.

Now, if I commit suicide by slamming my car into an oncoming truck, that's not right.

Greta

Flashaholic

Cruel and unusual punishment as outlined in the Eighth Amendment is defined by society and has evolved over the years due to societal influences. (Trust me on this one - I had to do a whole paper on the Eighth Amendment for one of my classes). Bodies donated to science go through all kinds of legal stuff and documentation through the courts. Only certain "organizations" can do the whole science thing and they have to be certified and stuff through the courts and follow certain protocol. (Trust me on this one too - my family has instructions to send my corpse to the Body Farm in TN. I've done my research.) And as far as being tossed in a field or left on top of Everest, that is illegal as well. You can't even bury a body in your back yard if you want without it being "preserved" as with formaldehyde or something of the sort. It is considered to be a bio-hazard otherwise and it is illegal. (Trust me on this stuff as well - I used to work for the County Medical Examiner in the morgue.)