BATTERIES IN A JETBEAM BC20

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of batteries are you running can you use rechargeable

I don't know if the Jetbeam supports Li-Ion. I know I can't use the 14500s in my BA-20 and they make no mention of the voltage range for their emitters/drivers. Maybe 3.0v rch123s, but then you'd need a special 3.0v charger, which isn't a big deal. I see no mention of that light being 18650 compatable.

Email them to be sure.

Chris

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have PC20 and its diameter is 22.5 mm: a 17670 fits snugly but it does fit fine. I have just charged it and have been using it tonight no problem.
The BC20 has a dimater of 23 mm so a 17670 should fit even better.
The PC20 manual does not endorse the 17670 and it only mentions 2xCR123 (RCR123) batteries.

I've checked the corporate and USA JetBeam websites and there's no manual for the PC20.

If you check this thread, you'll see at post #4 that they could use BC20 S2 with a 17670 without issues or loss in brightness.
If it worked fine with the S2 it should work fine with R5 too.

Update: I also found a German forum where they confirm that they use the BC20 with a 17670 no problem. :thumbsup:

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Why not get the PC20 which is basically the same light (with a few extra levels) and the ability to use RCR123A batteries?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a difference between the BC20 and PC20: the BC 20 you can probably find it for 40 dollars/euros.
The PC20 sells for around 20 dollars/euros more.

On top of that:
- the PC20 has an XM-L T6 with a SMO reflector: more flood and slightly less throw and more lumen
- the BC20 has an XP-G R5 with an OP reflector: slightly more throw, less flood and fewer lumen
- the BC20 has an XP-G S2 with an OP reflector: slightly more throw, less flood and fewer lumen

For me the PC20 is worth the extra cost but it's a personal choice depending on what you want from the flashlight and why you need it.

The BC20 remains a valid option as it's cheaper and, if the manufacturers specs are correct, it has very good a runtime on high and a decent throw too for a light of this size!

Last edited: