Batteries not being mailed from china

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
I ordered 4 pcs of Panasonic 18650 3100mAh batteries from DX and I received them within a few days after they were shipped out. They sent it via Dpex Worldwide to me in Singapore. I dunno if it is by air as I threw away all my wrappers and the way bill. I guess it should be otherwise it will take more than a week if by surface mail. Now, I am waiting for my 4 pieces of 14500 batteries.

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats very fast to receive them a few days after getting the shipping notification.
I usually have to wait close to 2 weeks to receive my orders.
I'm from Singapore too, btw..

- JonK

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
Today, I received my 4 x 14500 batteries from DX which were sent to me by Air Mail thru China Post in Shanghai!! I am wondering how their products managed to slip thru the Customs' X-ray machine or were they even X-ray at all in the first place. Am sure mine is not the only one that were sent by air.

pko

Newly Enlightened
Today, I received my 4 x 14500 batteries from DX which were sent to me by Air Mail thru China Post in Shanghai!! I am wondering how their products managed to slip thru the Customs' X-ray machine or were they even X-ray at all in the first place. Am sure mine is not the only one that were sent by air.

I was told that as long as the battery is properly packed and protected against damage in transit, it may suffer delay due to inspection but will arrive eventually.

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
I was told that as long as the battery is properly packed and protected against damage in transit, it may suffer delay due to inspection but will arrive eventually.

I don't think that is the case. I recently read an article in this forum about the prohibition of certain items from air transportation, among which is Lithium batteries and the only exception is that they must be stored in the device. So, packing the batteries in any other way is still prohibited.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 x Unprotected Panasonic 3,400mAh 18650 cells (button top for compatibility with more lights).
Ordered from Wallbuys and they arrived in New Zealand 5 days later, not bad for free shipping!

I did notice that the description on the package did not mention Li-Ion or Lithium or Batteries, a little naughty but I'll let it go just this once.

Redstorm

Newly Enlightened
4 x Unprotected Panasonic 3,400mAh 18650 cells (button top for compatibility with more lights).
Ordered from Wallbuys and they arrived in New Zealand 5 days later, not bad for free shipping!

I did notice that the description on the package did not mention Li-Ion or Lithium or Batteries, a little naughty but I'll let it go just this once.

Regardless of what is stated on the package, I am sure all parcels will have to be scanned by the customs before they are allowed to be sent out. So labelling as anything other than lithium batteries is not going to exempt the packet from being scanned or distract them during the scan. But, my package was labelled as "gadget" and sent out by air. My guess is that the customs there was lax in their duties allowing the parcels to go thru.

mojo-chan

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought guys. Two aircraft have come down due to suspected lithium battery fires. Don't try to circumvent the rules, they are there for a reason. Unprotected cells on aircraft are not a good idea.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Just a thought guys. Two aircraft have come down due to suspected lithium battery fires. Don't try to circumvent the rules, they are there for a reason. Unprotected cells on aircraft are not a good idea.

I does not have anything to do with protected/unprotected cells. Protected cells might be slightly more risky, due to being more prone to physical damage
It might have to do with cells in equipment (This increases the risk and a laptop battery pack is sort of equipment) or with old cells. Many modern cells has an improved internal protection call heat resistive layer, that will automatic disable the cell if it gets hot.

markr6

Flashaholic
I does not have anything to do with protected/unprotected cells. Protected cells might be slightly more risky, due to being more prone to physical damage
It might have to do with cells in equipment (This increases the risk and a laptop battery pack is sort of equipment) or with old cells. Many modern cells has an improved internal protection call heat resistive layer, that will automatic disable the cell if it gets hot.

Beat me to it! Exactly.

I'm tired of all the hype about Li-Ion safety. I understand it can be a problem, but almost anything can. That's life.

Who knows what happened on airplane incidents. One out of 100,000 cells could have been damaged by a box getting crushed on a pallet. Or a million other scenarios. But if they want to be extra cautious about them on airplanes I understand since it's so dramatic. On the other hand, if a UPS truck caught fire we'd probably never hear about it.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you'd ever had the PCB strip from the protection circuit short on you, you might feel a little different about protected cells! ;)

It's pretty scary!

mojo-chan

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, sorry, I meant not packaged properly rather than not having protection circuits. We have seen some really bad cells that don't have proper vents and stuff like that (mostly primary cells). Then people just shove them in a plastic bag and an envelope. They don't call them "Ultrafire" for nothing.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried to order 18650 batteli from Fasttech today , spring 2017 .

i am located in gemani .

dis is what i got :

delo3bw9.png

It says "Some". Which is correct.

But the full truth is that "All" shipping methods are greyed out! Thus i cannot proceed with the order process, it is an impasse. Clearly, the order process should tell me something like "Sorry, there is no shipping option currently available. Please change cart contents or change shipping destination or both, and try again. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Fasttech."

So, FT is out. I could still try to order batteries from AX, BG, or GB. They are my go-to websites for ordering China stuffy.

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried to order 18650 batteli from Fasttech today , spring 2017 .

But the full truth is that "All" shipping methods are greyed out! Thus i cannot proceed with the order process, it is an impasse. Clearly, the order process should tell me something like "Sorry, there is no shipping option currently available. Please change cart contents or change shipping destination or both, and try again. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Fasttech."

So, FT is out. I could still try to order batteries from AX, BG, or GB. They are my go-to websites for ordering China stuffy.

I've had no luck with FT or BG so I'm not hopeful of success from GB either.
I've had worse luck with AX but eventually managed to get my money back after a LOT of messages back and forth.
I've now given up on China & HK sources and bought my last Li-Ion cells from http://www.illumn.com who shipped to New Zealand just fine, more expensive but at least I could get some new good quality cells.

I also bought some 32700 LiFePO4 cells from http://www.batteryspace.com/LiFePO4/LiFeMnPO4-Batteries.aspx for my Maglite 6D that I extended to 7D, again they were expensive but I got the cells and got my big Maglite outputting good light.