Bay Area CPF Camping Weekend - May 9th thru 11th, 2008

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doggie! Hooray! :grin2: I can't wait to meet Meeshka. Also, I can bring a Gatlight if you like.

I have yet to see a practical capacitor-powered flashlight. I've been very interested in the concept, but dismal energy density and wide voltage ranges make for a very tough design challenge. I eagerly await your ideas, Christian! :)

Supernam

Enlightened
How secluded are these locations? Would we be annoying the heck out of people who go there to get solitude? Clearly we'd be up late talking and playing with lights.

I MIGHT be able to make it.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How secluded are these locations? Would we be annoying the heck out of people who go there to get solitude? Clearly we'd be up late talking and playing with lights.

I MIGHT be able to make it.
We picked some large campsites so we shouldn't be nose-to-nose with any neighbors. However we will need to keep our voices within reason after 10 pm. The really high powered lights may have to use campsite #49 as there is nobody behind it.

weedle256

Newly Enlightened
Email sent. BTW, is this the same model sold at REI? If so I think weedle256 has one.

Pretty sure it's different. Same idea, but mine is from Coast.

I'm curious to compare them, not that I have much faith in the Coast version!

tedjanxt

Enlightened
If you'd like to send them to me, sir, I'll be happy to tote them along to the campsite and pass 'em out. Not sure how many folks we have coming total, or how many you want to send, but I'm sure any and all would be appreciated. I'd love to try one out, myself :)

PM inbound with my address...

*edit* whoops, missed the email. Email inbound as well...

Last edited:

tedjanxt

Enlightened
However we will need to keep our voices within reason after 10 pm.

+1

Rangers can be *real* sticklers about this. No radios, keep voices low, and they even sometimes ask you to turn lanterns down to low so others can sleep.

But, as was said, we have some large sites, and they generally allow a bit of leeway if the rest of the park is not extremely crowded.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy Cow! This is coming up quick. Thanks Kev for the reminder.

Got the OK from my boss. I'll be there on both days.
The party will consist of the following:
me, myself, and two clones. 2+2
friends + clones 2+1 (maybe only during daytime not sure yet)
So it's 4 adults & 3 toddlers.

About keeping the voice down, we might need a muffler for my friend JimH since 10PM is past bedtime for most of the kiddies.

May I recommend that we hold the traditional secret raffle prize exchange after one of the dinner.

LowBat: Can you keep a tallied of the total # of attendees on the first post so those who bring food have a rough estimate of how much to bring.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag, glad you can make it! Please let me know which evening or overnight(s) your friends will be attending when you know. I do keep the list updated, and did add your suggested "current estimate" line. I do have a raffle in mind too now that Mswisher is mailing us some LED Spotlights.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry, tentatively my friend and his family will accompanied us for the full two nights. If his condition changes I'll be sure to let you know. We'll try to head up there @ 5PM on Friday during peak traffic :rolleyes:

I'll bring along some BBQ spare ribs and clam chowder for the freezing morning.

BTW guys there is a Maker Faire the week b4 the camping trip. Myself and JimH are going on Sat, if you wish to join us give me a call or email.

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
I definitely will be at the Make Fair I believe it will be hosted again in San Carlos CA,
The headquarters of "Make Magazine" is in Sebastopol CA near Petaluma, a lot going on in this area Energy anything wise.

By the way, as far as the noise is concerned for our neighbor's comfort,
Maybe we should provide them all with electronic noise canceling devices LOL, but eh! this could be a product to pitch to grouchy campers world wide specially in Europe where the camp sites are so tight together, LOL again,

It would be nice to meet some of you at the Make Fair, so who is going??

Regards to all,

Christian StClaire [email protected]

Larry, tentatively my friend and his family will accompanied us for the full two nights. If his condition changes I'll be sure to let you know. We'll try to head up there @ 5PM on Friday during peak traffic :rolleyes:

I'll bring along some BBQ spare ribs and clam chowder for the freezing morning.

BTW guys there is a Maker Faire the week b4 the camping trip. Myself and JimH are going on Sat, if you wish to join us give me a call or email.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan, I updated the list. I'm not sure how many want ribs and clam chowder for breakfast so I put them down as dinner items.

Nano-Oil, The Maker Faire will be at The San Mateo County Fairgrounds. I made sure our camping trip didn't coincide with this event. I'll be there, probably Saturday.

http://makerfaire.com/

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Christian, I think your pic is hotlinked directly from the Lumencraft site. You could rehost it with Photobucket or Imageshack.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for Saturday. If other people want to join and the campground capacity is tight, I can drive home Saturday night rather than staying over.

Are there any food items that you still need?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for Saturday. If other people want to join and the campground capacity is tight, I can drive home Saturday night rather than staying over.

Are there any food items that you still need?
I've got you down for Saturday overnight. Let me check with the chef for other food needs.

EDIT: I'm told we need more things to drink (maybe hot chocolate or orange juice). Tigerhawk is bringing sodas, but we need some other selections. Another idea is to bring ingredients to make smores.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boss is afraid of Friday traffic and rushing to the site with 3 toddlers. So we're gonna be there Sat afternoon. Save us two tent spots.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boss is afraid of Friday traffic and rushing to the site with 3 toddlers. So we're gonna be there Sat afternoon. Save us two tent spots.
All the campsites we picked are very large. There will be plenty of room for tents.

Last edited:

Latest posts