Beam Shots of my V54 Torches-LGK20 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capolini

Banned
I had an Issue with One[1] of my slots in my TK75VN QUAD. There was a simple solution.

One of the slots was so tight I literally had to force it in. It took me Three[3] attempts the first time I tried to insert it.The other Three[3] slots were a bit too tight but not a concern.

I know it was not the batteries because I inserted all Four[4] of them in that slot and got the same result.

SOLUTION: I added a 1mm "Thick" washer[spacer/shim] to each post.You can see them on the bottom part of the carrier.

QUAD_BOBBO_MOD.jpg

Works like a charm
QUAD_BOBBO_FULL.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Nice mod that Roberto, some carriers can be real tight and difficult to get cells out of(the standard tk75 carrier was difficult at times). So how are you finding the tk75vn40? It looks a very nice beam from the pics, what mode group do you tend to use on drivervnx2? I tend to use mode 9 which is a 4 mode on the Q70 and rc40vnT. Others i simple have a 2 mode with a decent low and high no memory.

Capolini

Banned
^^^

I never had a problem w/ my Original TK75 holder. This one is obviously custom.

I use mode gr. 11. It can get very hot so I like to have the 50% option an not just the 70% option.

I would have made it 1/15/30/50/70/100 instead of 1/5/15/50/70/100. The first 3 are too close together especially for high powered light.

#9 would have been my second choice.

ven

Flashaholic
Off the top of my head, i also use #3 30% and 100% levels, the 30% works great for big output and long duration's(by that i mean pretty much till the cells are too low). Can bump to 100% easy, 30% for most use. Its nice to have choices!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea with that mod, Capolini. Yes I have trouble with a tight fit on my original TK75 carrier but it's not too awful. Definitely a bit annoying though.

Capolini

Banned
Great idea with that mod, Capolini. Yes I have trouble with a tight fit on my original TK75 carrier but it's not too awful. Definitely a bit annoying though.

What kind of batteries were you using?

I used panny B rewraps. Orbtronic,K'power and Soshine.iirc they are all ~ 68.9mm. They were snug but not a problem like this custom carrier. I never had to force a battery in any of my other carriers.

Capolini

Banned
The carrier was specifically designed for the LG MJ1 Unprotected BT. Just needed Capolini simple adjustment.

• Dimensions: 66.8mm length (±0.2mm) x 18.6 mm diameter (+0.1 / -0.3 mm)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of batteries were you using?

I used panny B rewraps. Orbtronic,K'power and Soshine.iirc they are all ~ 68.9mm. They were snug but not a problem like this custom carrier. I never had to force a battery in any of my other carriers.

I typically use some EVVA 10A 18650s with my TK75vnkt. Don't have to force them in, but sometimes getting them out is a little bit of a challenge. Have to really make sure I push down the whole way on the spring so that when I rotate the positive side out the wrap doesn't want to get caught on the positive end of the battery carrier. Has never caused a problem but it's just not as smooth as I'd like the process to be.

Capolini

Banned
Not the best quality, a little misty out,,,,good enough for me.

TK61vn V4

Over the Mountain

TK61_VN_OVER_MT.jpg

Into Outer space

TK61_VN_OUTER_SPACE.jpg

TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD/SINGLE MODE

TX25_C2_ENHANCED_11.13.2017.jpg

CAPO THE LEADING MAN

TX25_C2_CAPO.jpg

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the pictures of your TK61VN V4! I just bought a TK61 with a dedomed emitter, stock driver. No where near the lux of yours, but still pretty impressive! I'm curious how you like your TK75VN40? I'm really tempted to get a TK75VN!

Capolini

Banned
^^^

I like it. It is just so hard for me to get use to that very cool tint! I am use to and like neutral or warmer side of cool. several of my lights[TK35vn/TK61vn/TK75vn KT[I sold it] K40vn] are XML2 U2/U3 PDT[Premium Dedomed Tint]

I did another MAX run time test[incremental] yesterday on the TK75 QUAD. I can get 25 minutes of max and the LG MJ1 are @ 3.50V!! So when I am on the trail I use max on/off for about 20 minutes and the lower modes for about 10 minutes.30/35 minutes is usually when I switch lights.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan cool tints either. That runtime is pretty impressive! What's the tint like on your k60, with the shaved dome XPH70?

Capolini

Banned
I'm not a fan cool tints either. That runtime is pretty impressive! What's the tint like on your k60, with the shaved dome XPH70?

I kind of like it. It is not nearly as cool as the SSD40. In addition the K60 has the nicest beam profile of any light I ever had,,,K40vn is close,,but that is more of a thrower so it is hard to compare.No rings whatsoever on either of those lights.:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
One of Three reasons why I sold my TN42vn...........

1.Too cool of a tint

2. Too many rings

3.Not quite a pencil beam like some of my XPG2 lights, but still not a big hot spot like K40vn and a few others.

Acyually 4 reasons!! I sold the TN42vn/TK75vn KT and my SDmini to get the TK75vn QUAD!!!

hahoo

Enlightened
TK61vn V4 Direct hit on Mountain 1120 yards away.

Notice a few "dots" of light. Those are homes w/ lights on!

TK61vn_V4_Mountain_hit.jpg

thats cheating, gotta be a TOTALLY DARK tower , or house for a true beamshot, you know better than that man:laughing::D
jk, bout time you got a decent camera, and started doing beamshots

Capolini

Banned
Looking good!

Thanks.I just ordered the D1Svn w/ Oslon Black Flat LED. Got it from the Black Friday sale. CAPO gave my internet TURBO speed so I would be First to post!!

When I get it I will post some beam shots of that. It will not have much output ~700Lumens, but plenty of throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.