Becoming a master user of illumination tools

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My usage of lights is no where near life threatening.

I use my lights for general usage. Such as my EDC Strider C2 w/ P60L

However my Gladius and SF M6 w/ MN21 are used solely for a tactical advantage in Airsoft. I play frequently in an indoor warehouse, that i helped design and build. We have complete control of the lighting situation. I love lights off games, because I hold the tactical advantage. I use the lights on my opposing force to blind and disorientate them. So in that case, I am aiming for the eyes of the opponent.

However one thing i learned from my early days of airsoft, back in 2001, is light discipline. I didnt collect lights nor use them tactically then. But I noticed stupid people using them to see where they are going, whether it is a night game, or indoor warehouse game (different from the one I designed) The lights give away your position and ruin your natural night vision.

So I learned to rely on my eyes' natural night vision. Now i learn to combine that with bright tactical lights. I do not use my lights as navigation aid. but as a tool to determine long threats and as an offensive weapon.