Benchmade griptilian thread!!!

cutlerylover

Banned
well if somethgin has to be my fault thats about the best thing that could have happened, lol...glad to hear your grilfriend can enjoy it as much as you can!

Dantor

Enlightened
well if somethgin has to be my fault thats about the best thing that could have happened, lol...glad to hear your grilfriend can enjoy it as much as you can!

lol I meant everyone here in the forum but you are a part! ty :)

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Just bought this knife! Im very pleased with it!

Resizeof2007-11-18003.jpg

Dantor

Enlightened
and FlashSpyJ, it's like a zombie fungus, it keeps growin on you! The more you use it, the more you like it! Congrats :)

Dantor

Enlightened
very nice BCCL! I've looked at that and drooled! Be hard to lose/not see, smart. Make sure you give us some pictures and comparisons next to others please!

Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Newly Enlightened
very nice BCCL! I've looked at that and drooled! Be hard to lose/not see, smart. Make sure you give us some pictures and comparisons next to others please!

Here you go, just arrived yesterday.

Ritter-Mini-RSK-558YEL-1.jpg

With full size Ritter RSK
Ritter-RSK-Group-1.jpg

With another Mini-Grip. (lord that pink Grip' is LOUD!) :eek:
Mini-Griptilian-Group-1.jpg

Dantor

Enlightened
very nice! you'll never lose them and should be very visible when you set them down, like on the grass. congrats!

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Guess I'll add mine to the list... The Griptilian has been one of my favorite Benchmade knives for quite some time... I still have a bunch I'd like to add, including some that are no longer made, with time. But I'm also a huge fan of all things Benchmade One reason I like the Griptilian so well is the price, it's much less expensive than others in the same class and quality (dealer pricing that is) and just isn't all that expensive to buy.

In the photo bellow, on the top are 2 standard 551's these are my EDC knives (as can be seen) though as of late I've been carrying a Lone Wolf Harsey T1 and Benchmade 690 because I can :)

On the left side bellow the EDC are a full size and mini Limited Edition Gray handles

On the Right next to the Gray are Full Size and Mini Oregon Firearms Academy Griptilians, complete with laser etched logo, these were made by Benchmade for my Dad's company only about 20 made so far, and the mini only about 5 were made

And finally on the bottom, Limited Edition M2HS Doug Ritter matched set (both #171) mini and full size

Not pictured is my Fixed Griptilian plain satin finish, straight edge.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with the full-size Grip, and got my MiniGrip just recently. I can't relate any fair comparisons with other knives since my others just don't compare, so my thoughts are really just limited to some early, subjective impressions of the MiniGrip standing by itself: Nice size (though I actually prefer something smaller), quality steel with a good blade shape (mine is the modified drop point with stud, rather than the hole found on the sheepsfoot blade) very light weight, comfortable and secure grip, slick & smooth action, and a truly beautiful and solid locking mechanism. It's a great value at a modest price, and it looks good as well. Previous posts on the Grip will give you a lot more depth from users with far more experience. You'll find strong proponents for all of the many variations of this great knife.

mikehill

Enlightened
Just received my large Ritter ... so good I'm on the lookout for a small version for an EDC. I have a small Sebbie but find the Grips sharpen easier and are more comfortable :)

Dantor

Enlightened
Can someone explain to this knife noob why this knife is so popular?

We all want a good knife, functional, made well, fits your hand good and perdy (southern accent).

Most would like it inexpensive (relative to good knives), and a good warranty:

that is the Griptilian!

Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Newly Enlightened
Can someone explain to this knife noob why this knife is so popular?

Dantor said it great!

The Griptilian is just one of those great knives that is almost a perfect combination of affordability and quality.

The size and weight make them perfect for EDC, but they are tough enough to take outdoors also.

I am becoming more of the opinion, that the Benchmade Griptilian is poised to be the "Buck 110" of the 21st century.

PS, 2 more arrived here yesterday! :D, 550H and 553 Tanto....

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
[resurrecting old thread]

Im poised to pick up two 550 Grips this summer. A sheepsfoot satin blade, and a sheepsfoot black finished blade. They'll be my new EDC knives, and compliment my SF L1.