Benchmade griptilian thread!!!

cutlerylover

Banned
[resurrecting old thread]

Im poised to pick up two 550 Grips this summer. A sheepsfoot satin blade, and a sheepsfoot black finished blade. They'll be my new EDC knives, and compliment my SF L1.

The griptilians are very popular for good reason, I don't think you will be dissapointed in any version of them....;)

FredM

Enlightened
When I got my grip (and it's all your fault!) it was great, fit nice in hand, pocket, and the axis lock! pop, pop, pop! My GF thought I was being silly. Then she started using it, and now it's hers! (though she keeps it in her purse) so I had to get another, and got a 710, but axis rocks!
85nwd9f.jpg

I much prefer my 710 to the griptilian.

I don't understand why the 710 is not more popular.

texasflyfisher

Newly Enlightened
I love the Benchmade Ritter Mini Grips! I wish the scales came in more colors other than black and yellow. I however was able to obtain one of the rare Valentine's Day Ritter Mini Grips in Pink for a present to my wife. ;)

img_0144.jpg
img_0167.jpg

img_0163.jpg

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The griptilians are very popular for good reason, I don't think you will be dissapointed in any version of them....;)
They are popular because they are the cheapest U.S made folder from Benchmade. After I've got the Rukus and the 710-D2, my Grip lives in the drawer or serves me as a camping backup.

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
I got my RSK Mk1 in the mail yesterday. I'm going to carry it for a while and see how I like it. Love the blade and blade shape.

2578749657_1b73ea2733_o.jpg

jchoo

Enlightened
I love my 550HG. It's my strong side EDC knife, replacing my Spyderco Endura 4 (waved plain blade) that is now my weak side EDC knife. This one is marked Prototype 2007 and has a round thumb hole.

DSC00012.jpg

Here is a picture of the 550HG next to my Endura and E2DL for size purposes. :twothumbs

1b320580.jpg

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I'd add some pics of my latest, a little out of the ordinary but I like it.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Fitz,

I saw those custom Griptilian scales on a custom knife site/dealer about a week ago and had every intention of ordering a set in the Orange like yours..........but now I can't find that website! :(

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from......I want a set!

2xTap

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the orange G-10 scales from Moore Cutlery (Link). I e-mailed Gary and asked him a few questions, great guy to deal with! They were fairly simple to install, lining up the blade pivot hole and washers when re-installing the pivot was the toughest part. I'm pretty sure they have the available colors listed, just put a note in the comment box with your order or there's a link on the site to contact him. Looks like they put some Atwoods up on the site today as well, but I bought 4 knives this week and a couple lights, so I better hold off!

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Fitz,

That's the place! Thanks bud.....I could have swore I added the link to my favorites but can't find it. It's in there now! That orange looks sweet with the black finished blade.

I got a satin finished 551MDP I was thinking of using, but I might go get a 551BK for this mod.

Thanks again for the link! :thumbsup:

2xTap

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I could help! When I went to grab the site link I noticed the Atwoods, so I went back to look and they also had some Nemesis Knives Ti bottle openers that got put on the site today. Wound up picking up a few, so I'm glad you asked for a link or I would have missed them!!

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Fitz,

I saw those Atwoods and was pretty tempted myself, but I am also a bit thin on the play money at this point. I dropped a bunch of coin on a slew of slipjoints this past month. Got a bunch of Case material for my pattern collections, including a sweet deal on a minty Case Classic stockman that was a "must have". Also snagged a Custom Hunter from Justin over at Ranger Knives that I've been drooling over since the Blade Show.

2xTap

Ctrain

Enlightened
Loving these pics!
Going to grab a couple of Grips in the coming weeks... one plain blade one tanto...
Can anyone tell me how scratch resistant the BK1 coating is?
Mush difference between that and BT2?

Cheers

Metatron

Banned
here is my latest one and only benchy. i am really chuffed with the axis system, makes opening and closing way quicker than a flicky:).
a big thank you to mike @NGK for the band aids, they came real handy:)
P1010194.jpg

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Ordered myself another one this week, this one a 551BK-MDP. Nothing special here aside from it being a coated plain edge, which seems harder and harder to get from Benchmade nowadays.......but like everything else I have from Benchmade the quality is top-notch!

benchmade551bk01fb4.jpg

benchmade551bk02ho9.jpg

This one is going to be used for a set of Wilkins "Griptilikins" scales upgrade. Just need to get the money together to order a set.

2xTap