Best 12 volt corded focused spotlight for the money

loontick

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am new to this site but I think its exactly what I am looking for. I do wildlife rescue and recovery. I need a corded 12 volt spot that can be focused or coned down to a pin point for Loon capture. You have to basically blind them with the light to stun them then drive up in your boat and net them. Can anybody advise on a light to fit this or possibly even have one built. Thanks Kevin

target4fun

Newly Enlightened
Would like to hear about this as well. I have used several 12v cheapos for hunting. Even though I have some nice lights these seem to be king for night hunting. One thing I would say is to be careful as its easy to blind yourself if you hit windshield with light causing accident, have seen someone do this. Another thing I had a friend who was a supervisor for a prison. They had one guard who set the 12v light down on the seat next to them (on) ended up starting a fire burning up the truck.

I have also considered installing the police style lights, they are super handy to use for the driver. They do take some getting used to but best for driver, for passenger I prefer the cheapo hand corded version, working out of a jeep with doors off it works well.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Kevin,
I don't know if you are even looking at this thread anymore, but LED flashlights MIGHT do the trick for you.

I don't know many things, such as how far away you want to be able to shine the light, and how much money do you want to spend.

You might look at some of the throwers both standard, and some that are modified to give stupendous outputs.

Here is an example.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421458-TN40vn-Should-T6vn-be-scared-!

and if you have crazy money to spend (well at least crazy for me) then you might google maxabeam

danthexenonorc

Newly Enlightened
I built my own 300w xenon flashlight that runs off of a 1.5 kw inverter. The batteries are soon to be converted into lithium polymer, and i got the ballast, bulb, and cooling fan from an endoscope fiber optic light source.