Best CR123A batteries? What do you use?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all kinds of CR123 primaries and the brand that I go to most frequently is Surefire... Titanium Innovations is an OK brand, and definitely the best bang for the buck... but I fear that they could literally go bang on you.. I've recently tested some CR123s purchased in 2006 and was appalled to find the number of basically dud cells from all sorts of manufacturers - including a MAJOR American brand name company. But the Surefire cells all held their voltage relatively the same according to age. So... Make of that what you will...

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Just an FYI - Marshall dropped the price if SureFire 123s at Going Gear to $1.99 each. Gut feeling from experience for me puts SF above StreamLight, though I should be receiving some of the new EagleTac 123s on Monday from Illumination Gear.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I bought my first real flashlight, a SureFire 6P, about 6 yrs ago. I wasn't too happy that it took CR123A's as they're hard to come by and expensive back then but I wanted a really good flashlight. I only used it sparingly and believe it or not, I'm still using the original batteries from SureFire (exp 3-2015) to this day. I upgraded to a LED drop-in and have been using it a little more but still haven't killed the original batteries.

Not long after I bought the 6P, I found on eBay (of all places) a set of 10 cr123a for cheap so I ordered them. They're Panasonic but made in Japan and no date code. I just bought a Sunwayman V10R and decided to try one of these old batteries and it works great. My M20S-X came with Olights that are made in China with 1500mAh rating. I'll probably try to burn thru those quickly and use up my CR123A's before switching to 18650s.

MHeikes

Newly Enlightened
Surefire, Panasonic
I am trying some from Interstate, not sure whose re-brand.

Bullyson

Enlightened
I found some Panasonic batteries at a great price but the expiration date is Feb 2016. Since they lose power over time would these be worth buying now?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone care to update this thread with the best cr123 batteries?

Anything using the Panasonic USA 1550mAh cell, or the Sanyo Japan 1400mAh cell. The former would be Battery Station, Duracell, Energizer, some Rayovacs, Panasonic, SureFire and StreamLight to name a few.

I don't know who else besides Sanyo uses their cell.

Any differences in runtime would be minute and within cell to cell variances, IMO.

Chris

Latest posts