Best EDC carry light?

BCGarrick

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a EDC light...I had a surefire e1b backup and loved it, but I sold it...I'm thinking of getting another, but was wondering what else was out there.

Only things I care about are a pocket clip, tailcap on/off, and a high/low setting...

What would you all recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

lovetohunt93

Newly Enlightened
I just baught an E1L, I was trying to decide between it and the E1B. I ended up going with the E1L cause the batteries will last longer and it is still plenty bright at only 45 lumens for EDC.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
HDS.... Might as well get it now and save the money from buying alot of inferior flashlights on the way. Until you finally justify spending th money, then realizing you should have done so in the first place.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1b is a nice light... so are the HDS lights... Never owned a McGizmo - only played with one. I finally broke down and bought one of the titanium Sunwaymen that everyone seems so enamored with - I got an offer I couldn't refuse! I don't have it in my hands yet so I can't report, although I am a little giddy thinking about it... My Thrunite Neutron is absolutely awesome and an unbelievable deal for ~$60. It doesn't come with a clip, but I stuck one from an old Zebralight on mine and it works great. I'm also in love with my Peak Logan brass level 8 wide optic with QTC... Once again though - no clip... Another option would be a Vital Gear FB1 body, E2C adapter, P/C/M/G series bezel of your choice and LED drop-in of your choosing - a sweet combo indeed and very pocketable (plus upgradeable!!!).

Shao

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo Haiku

For the win!

I also rotate in a E1e body E2d tail combo, VME head with single mode M31W. I put a E1b clip on it and I gotta say it really rocks! Yea it's single mode but not a more pleasing beam than a Malkoff IMO.

010-2.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
That actually looks pretty cool... May grab one...

Ah, famous last words. By all means, you should grab one. But I quote for you the words of the wise RocketTomato, who clued me in on something when I was researching my first McGizmo and claimed that buying one perfect light would save me money in the long run:

That's mostly true except that McGizmo's are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Now I have three. :ohgeez:

ico

Enlightened
You can try the Fenix E11? It has a high and low mode, A clicky but the mode switching is through the twist of the bezel.

Why did you sell your E1B at the first place? It really is hard to beat

Lord Bear

Enlightened
So far, for me, nothing beats E1B (it's only 80 lumens *heavy sigh*) with the F04 diffuser for me. One battery, decent runtime on hi, no battery "poof", lo is still great with diffuser, and you can take the diffuser off any time and throw. The clip when it first came out was an eye opener. Lately the clip has loosened but otherwise, it's still the 10-30 yard EDC champ.

Last edited:

Photon Phreak

Newly Enlightened
+1 E1B ... i'm too nitpicky to carry a jewelry piece... for the money, the E1B is an EDC lock.