Best EDC Throw Monster?

PNW-BC

Newly Enlightened
I've been out of the flashlight for a while, like Malkoff Devices was just starting…

I'm looking for a (2) CR123 or 16850 body with as much throw as possible for an EDC/Gun light (not WML) to fit a 1" dia leather holder.

My first instinct is to go with what I know…

But wanted to ask the experts here for suggestions of what's out there these days in that size of light?

Anything better that's not a total custom that I should be looking at? I've been using a Streamlight Protac HL for a while but would like more throw.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Can't go wrong with the Malkoff, the M61 Hot or M61 Throw are great, depending on your battery preference. You can always buy the regular MD2 head for more spill and less throw if you ever want that and you wouldn't have to buy another body and tail cap. Malkoff tail cap switches do not protrude other than the Bodyguards. Depending on your technique that may or may not be of concern. I think Elzetta and Surefire may be worth looking at also.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The absolute most throw you're going to get per bezel diameter is going to come in the form of an LEP.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
The head might be too large depending on your grip/uses, but take a look at the Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 head. It runs on the MD2 body and it throws like a beast.

I also quite like the Armytek Predator, which has a similar form factor (but with a narrower head) and includes an optional cigar-grip ring. That one also has an unshrouded tail cap.

PNW-BC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I didn't even know what an LEP was! Wanting to stay in the 6P size if possible. Any LEP recommendations? Seems all the throw threads are like 15 years old.