Best Lights For A Firefighter

YIKES

Newly Enlightened
Oversized images removed.

C-Beam
Here's a couple of pics with my C3 mounted to the side of my 1044.
I hope this works??!!
Mount can be slightly moved/bent to adjust where the C3's hot spot needs to be.

Sheet steel mount heated and hammered around C3 body.

Sorry about the blurry pic...phone-cam

Only Captain's get red helmets in TO. He know what he's talking about. Beside in smokey house/building you can't see jacksh*t. Just follow your hose, lugs for life!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Hey Neal ,

You've been gone quite a while .... nice to see you back again .

Did your Dad ever get home from his New Mexico vacation .....

You never did let us know how he liked his fire helmet light .

What did he finally decide on .... and what is he currently using ?

What has his fire fighting experience taught him about lights ?

Give us an update .

~

neal71

Newly Enlightened
He absolutely loves the light. Ended up going with the stream light. It has performed flawlessly, above and beyond. I think it was maybe three months after he got it, he was up in an attic (no idea why anyone would go into the attic of a burning house) and fell through the ceiling onto his back, landed on his oxygen tank (he is fine now). Helmet hit the ground pretty hard the light made it through that with no problem at all.

Neal

tundratrader

Enlightened
We currently have guys using the Vantage. http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.cfm/cid_42911_vantage/
It is great except for blowback and potential of CR123 self vent.

We also have guys running the pelican stealthlight. Newer model with higher lumen value in Blackjack mounts. http://www.thefirestore.com/store/p...il_led_flashlight_w_photo_luminescent_shroud/

These are great. I have nothing but positive things to say about the Blackjack mounts.

We also have a few guys running my Malkoff dropins on Surefire G2LFYL and G3LFYL hosts. The G3L has a M31L with AA alkaline battery. Both have gotten hot enough to deform plastic but dropin is still perfect.

Stay safe guys,
Zach

ericjohn

Enlightened
http://www.flashlight.com/responder-ra-right-angle/ i am not a firefighter. i never plan to be (unfortunately; i would really like to have that sort of job.) anyways, i have been wanting that flashlight described in the link for years (since I first saw it in 2006). i know it is designed for firefighters, and it comes with free replacement bulbs for life. if i was a firefighter i would want it of course i would want it anyways. there are also some streamlights that are designed for firefighters, but i cannot think of the model numbers right now. they are cool too but you need to hold them with your hand, whereas this one you clip it to your gear and it gives you hands free light. that way you can use both your hands to focus on getting the victims out. also i wanted to say that motorola makes intrinsically safe walkies for firefighters to use. i want to say it is the APX series they feature all of the latest technology (ie mil-spec, color screen, multi band operation, and apco 25 conventional and trunking) those of you who listen to scanners know what i am talking about

matt_j

Enlightened
Streamlight C4 LED for your bunker gear. Awesome light. The end. Don't get the Knucklehead since even thou it is a great light in theory, in practice it sucks due to its size.

firefightergotoguy

Newly Enlightened
PELICAN 3715 all the way. Battery level lights, waterproof (I tried to drown it), tough as nails, glows in the dark, indestructible(tried it)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two blackJack clips for my Hardhat. On one side for long runtimes the Streamlight 4aa 100 lumen led, on the other side for shorter runtime but great throw, a VinhNyugen xpe2 dropin run in a Solarforce L2M.
Now that I have this setup I no longer need to use my headlamp, and I like my Hardhat more.
48959F1F-BE15-42C3-AB9A-8948C9B52647-7733-00000448A22B17CD.jpg

The Pelican 2410 Stealthlight with the recoil led and 80 lumens is a thing of beauty, I have one in my Gym bag

Last edited: