Best Portable/Affordable Spotlight (boating)

CootShooter

Newly Enlightened
I ended up going with the 3.7-4.2v.

From the looks of it, in about 2 months I will have about 6 different flashlights like the rest of you fiends. If this one doesn't work out like I am hoping it will, I'll be getting the Fenix TK20.

Thanks again... I'll be sure to post my impressions after I receive it.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
Cootshooter - coming in late to this. Apologies. I see you've placed an order and you'll probably be fine with what you got. FWIW, I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about jug fishing all night. Ended up using a Streamlight Ultra-Stringer intermittently all night to spot the jugs in the water. It would fit your needs. I duck hunt to and know what you are talking about. Cool thing about the US is you could run the charger off of the boat battery if you wanted.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Aurora WF-600 Q5 2 mode, i own one and was going to suggest that you get it. $61 for the light, 2 cells and a charger. 100 yards throw?? In pitch blackness?? Not even a mild workout for this baby!

Happy Hunting! And if you can, post some beamshots

Patriot

Flashaholic
Amondotech N30.

Cootshooter
This style of light is WAY too big... definitely bright enough and a very effective throw... but it would take up too much room in the boat.
I see that you already ordered a light but Outdoors Fanatic actually made a great suggestion in my opinion. The N30 is not a big light by any means. Actually it's one of the smallest self contained spotlights produced and less than 4lbs. After all, you did ask for a "spotlight" suggestion and they don't really get any smaller than the N30. What you purchased was a compact flashlight, but I guess you're already aware of that fact. Hopefully it will cover your needs and if it doesn't the N30 would be worth looking into.

Good luck :)

CootShooter

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Streamlight Stinger LED light from Cabela's while on my trip to Manitoba for a week long duck hunt this past week. It worked well for my boating needs and was nice and small. It boasted something like 80 lumens and had a pretty decent throw. I returned it on my way back as I knew the Aurora that I have on order will blow doors on this thing. If it isn't what I expect, I'll purchase the N30 for sure.

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts