BIG Fixed Bladed Knives That You Have

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
I modified an Ontario "Blackie Collins" machete -- you know, the one with the ridiculous knuckle guard. Not only was that huge hilt too big for my hands, it was loose on the tang and moved during normal use!

I removed the hilt and reshaped the tang, so I have an 11-inch blade instead of 12 inches. I added canvas micarta scales with Loveless-style rivets that I made by cutting pieces of 3/8" round stock and threading them. After everything was put together with JB-Weld and the heavy rivets, and the rivets were cut off flush with the scales and the hilt was finished up, I used a center punch to make sure that the rivets could never unscrew on their own.

This huge knife resides in my kitchen and is used for cutting up frozen foods and for other rough tasks.

Regards,
Dirty Bob

Pabs D

Newly Enlightened
Biggest fixed blade I have is a 22" Bonecutter from Himalayan Imports.

kuk.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
largest is now a modern Samurai Blade by Cold Steel. 29in blade, overall length 41in. which makes it a crack longer than my WW II Japanese officer's sword. other than furniture, the cold steel blade could be patterned after the real WWII blade.

quality is top notch... not on level of 16th century blades mind you... but certainly one of the best modern long blade I've handled.

cold steel kantana.JPG

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I own quite a few fixed blades. . .

5. Custom double-edged Ranger RD-6
6. Custom Ranger RD-7 Recurve & Standard Ranger RD-6
8. Custom Ranger TFI
No kidding! Nice collection you've got going there! Are these Rangers from Justin?

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
No kidding! Nice collection you've got going there! Are these Rangers from Justin?

Thanks! Yeah, all of them are from Justin. I have a few more from him but they are smaller EDC type fixed blades. I have seven of his creations, 6 of them Customs. Justin's blades, IMHO, are the best quality for the price you'll find in custom made knives.

2xTap

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
A Seven Eleven and an R Nine, fine pair to be sure!

Here's the weigh in of the BK-9 and SP-53.

BeckerBK9.jpg

GenIISP53_vi.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Got these two in today, and while not that large of a knife in comparison to most, this BK-101 sports a 5.5" inch blade length.

BeckersBK101BK11.jpg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are my top three not including my swords.

rlmhac.jpg

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's mine (Top to bottom),

Zombie Tools Deuce
WWII Machete
Dervish Wendigo
Strider GW/AR T
Les George VECP

p1070613o.jpg

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Gerber Mark II (or perhaps I) I bought in 1970. It's not the one with the slight spiral twist to the blade. It's the one with the skinny, straight blade with serrations. I can't remember what I paid for it. I bought it in Alaska so I probably paid a bit more for it.

I don't have a pic but I made a really nice 'house sheath' for it. I also blued it. Sweet.

Last edited: