**BitZ Owners! Reveal Yourselves!**

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can change one of Derfyled's aluminum Bitz to my name! Not here yet, but should be by next week!

Let's hope you'll be playing with it soon !

-------------
Please remove also my other Al I never have a Ti one now...

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened

dagored

Enlightened
Bitz Ti arrived today. Now I have searched and get two different listings for the normal sequence of this twisty.

There are basic 3 Brightness levels (Medium-Low-High)

That is what I am getting. So, I guess its OK. Nice white beam.
A little ruff in twisting, feels gritty, but I guess that is to be expected.

Does anyone know how to smooth out the twisting?

thebeans

Newly Enlightened
Try the lighthound website, if you subscribe to the newsletter they are offering a 25% discount on the Ti version- I've got one on the way to the UK!

Do you mean 25% off the sale price of $124.99??:eek:oo:

Is there a promo code or something?

Thanks

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
That was posted on Jan 28, since then they have knocked $50 off the light so the price you quote is the current one.I originally paid approximately $175 and have ordered another at the latest price- an absolute bargain.I believe they were originally $250

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, what a deal. Don't forget to apply the CPF code for another $2.50 off that price. Man oh man - I need that like a(nother) hole in my head...but that's too hard to resist!!

nbp

Flashaholic
Up to date again, I think...:tinfoil:

---

And I seriously didn't need to see that Ti BitZ at Lighthound for 125! You guys are killing me! If I didn't just buy a Ra a couple weeks ago, I'd be all over that like a..well..I'd be all over that. A custom Ti light for $125?!? That's ridiculous! :faint:

I gotta keep my eyes open for a Ti at a good price to go with my alum. somewhere down the road. Or maybe one of you guys who just picked up the Ti at a good deal will decide you don't want it and trade it to me or sell it to me at a deep discount, and I mean DEEP. :crackup: :devil:

nbp

Flashaholic
Bitz Ti arrived today. Now I have searched and get two different listings for the normal sequence of this twisty.

There are basic 3 Brightness levels (Medium-Low-High)

That is what I am getting. So, I guess its OK. Nice white beam.
A little ruff in twisting, feels gritty, but I guess that is to be expected.

If you are still having difficulty with the UI, you can see my post here on how it works. Hope that helps.

Also, earlier in this thread someone was talking about the Ti threads being a bit gritty, but working them smooth. You'll have to sift back a little to find it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just pull on the head while twisting and after you feel you've eliminated most of the roughness, clean it up and re-lube. The only completely non-gritty feeling titanium lights I have are my Drake, Draco and Titan.

dagored

Enlightened
Well that helped a bit, but not as smooth as my Jil Lite CR2 Ti.

I took off the clip, cut into my fingers while twisting, and am now going to use a polishing compound or very light steel wool on the threads. Any reasons not to?

EDIT: Forgot. I would like to put a trit in the tail. Any recommendations, sites, links for a quick purchase of the right size?

Last edited:

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a blasted version. It was a hard choice though.:candle:

Do you guys like the blasted or the natural best and why?

Lighthound's deal was hard to resist.:grin2:

Guess I'm a BitZ owner now.:D

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
And my BitZ just came in today.:party:

What a nice little light. Smaller than I would have guessed. It has a very nice beam and tint, although it's not dark enough now to really test it out.

Can't beat the deal from Lighthound for this sweet light.:thumbsup:

Dagored, You can get a trit from B@rt over at the MP. Might do that myself.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came this week - it's been somewhat overshadowed by the Ra high cri clicky that also arrived this week, but the BitZ looks like it'll work for EXACTLY what I wanted - a small, functional, reasonably priced Ti pocket light for times when dress slacks don't allow a 'Gizmo or Ra or the like.

And $125 - that just can't be beat.

:thumbsup:

dagored

Enlightened
Dagored, You can get a trit from B@rt over at the MP. Might do that myself.

Done. Should be here by Friday. That would be 10 days from the Netherlands. Got my Norland 61 Thursday. Found a stylist I know that has a light for nails. Hope that works to harden the stuff.