BLF GT94 vs HID. LED has surpassed HID in my opinion.

Magio

Enlightened
Re: BLF GT94 vs HID. LED has finallly surpassed HID in my opinion.

I never said measuring Junction temperature or at lease something very very close to that was impossible. I said your temperature measurements do not reflect in any way what the junction temps are, except that they will be very high.
We have quite a bit of experience at XeVision measuring junction temps, (very very close to actual and which will be slightly higher) from Thermistors mounted adjacent to the LED's and using FLIR.

No I'm saying that you said its not possible for the GT94 to exceed the Superpower. Not that its not possible to measure junction temp.

Magio

Enlightened

Your LUX numbers here are impossible, maybe Candela (or CP), but absolutely not LUX.

And your proof?

There are also IR sensors ( FLIR ONE ) available with an app to use with an I-phone or Android smart phone.
The FLIR ONE cannot detect the temperature of objects behind glass. https://developer.flir.com/forums/topic/can-flir-one-measure-temperature-of-things-behind-glass/

The pyrometer understands radiant radiation, transparent glass is not an obstacle. You need a pyrometer, not a thermometer, he sees through the glass. I measured the temperature around the diode of my flashlight with TIR. It must to see at least from -30 to 400 degrees Celsius. More powerful pyrometers that see 1700 degrees Celsius and above are not needed here and they are expensive.

The Testo 830-T2 thats in your photo is an infrared thermometer. I don't see how you are using this to measure the temperature of the LEDs when they are behind the glass. Im not sure what you mean by a pyrometer.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

And your proof?

Your own statements prove it below. you can't go from these numbers to millions in just the distance difference of a ceiling and a piece of (filtering) paper.

I did a ceiling bounce test in my bathroom of several of my lights. Now I realize that ceiling bounce test are not the most accurate way to measure lumens at all, but I do think its a way to get a quick idea of how the lights stack up. I covered each light with a piece of white copy paper to prevent hotspots from skewing the results. And these are the numbers.

Thrunite TN32 - 27 lux
Thrunite TC20 - 38 lux
Tractor Supply Hid - 42 lux
Dual 100watt halogen spotlight - 66 lux
Thrunite TN40 - 68 lux
Firefoxes FF4S 65 watt HID - 82 lux
BLF GT94 Turbo - 364 lux
BLF GT94 High @ 10min 158 lux
BLF GT94 High @ 15min 142 lux

I never said it would, you can possibly remove the front glass.

Last edited:

Magio

Enlightened

Your own statements prove it below. you can't go from these numbers to millions in just the distance difference of a ceiling.
I thought you knew what a ceiling bounce test was. These numbers I posted shows comparable reflected light off the ceiling and walls to get an estimate of the lights total output in lumens similar to an integrating sphere. This has absolutely nothing to do with throw.And yes I know ceiling bounce test are quite inaccurate.
I never said it would, you can possibly remove the front glass.

And I've said before I will not be disassembling my light just to win an argument on the internet. I dont even have the tools to get it apart. If you know so much, and what I'm saying is so obviously wrong you should be able to easily prove me wrong. As it stands we a three pages deep you have not provided one iota of proof to back up a single claim of yours.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you know so much, and what I'm saying is so obviously wrong you should be able to easily prove me wrong. As it stands we a three pages deep you have not provided one iota of proof to back up a single claim of yours.

Ditto dude again Ditto.

I believe I have quite clearly, that's for all the viewers here to decide for themselves, isn't it.

Lux values are not Lumens values (very little direct correlation), Lux values can somewhat predict throw as can Candela or CP.

Last edited:

Magio

Enlightened

Your LUX numbers here are impossible, maybe Candela (or CP), but absolutely not LUX.

Ditto dude again Ditto.

I believe I have quite clearly, that's for all the viewers here to decide for themselves, isn't it.

Lux values are not Lumens (very little correlation) values, Lux values can somewhat predict throw as can Candela or CP.

Look if you are going to come in this thread and claim I'm wrong you better have some numbers to back it up. I have tested it as have many other people, and the beamshots also prove my point so you better have some proof we are all wrong. You an expert at it. You been at it 8 years you said.

So tell us since you know so much
1. If the lumens that have been measured by many people is wrong, you tell us what the real numbers are.
2. If the the LUX that has been measured by many people is wrong, you tell us what the real Lux is.
3. If you are going to claim the LEDs are getting way too hot, tell us what the actual temp is and how much over 150C it is.
4. If you are going to claim the light is not going to last long because it is over heating, tell me how many hours its going to last. 10 hours?100?1000?10,000?

If you can't answer these questions whats your point posting here? Because you have not contributing anything useful to this thread.

This right here is why I exited from the previous thread on this topic, as I could clearly see that my dismantling of every single strawman argument and every single erroneous claim that they presented, which you have also done here, simply had no effect whatsoever. I could also see that hard data and proof of my claims was only being met with generic, non specific responses like " LED cannot match HIGH END HID" and complete disregard for the data that contradicts their claims.

I suspect this may have to do with people's personal Financial Investment/Stake in HID searchlights, and I would tend to believe this maybe a cause of conjunctive dissonance.
Eaxctly. And then he's gonna come here and say he's proved his point. He's proved nothing. Just a bunch of vague stuff that helps nobody.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Is everything okay here? This is not my area of expertise, so I am not here to say what the right answer is, but let's just remember to attack posts, not posters, etc, CPF rules apply, you guys know the drill. Thanks all.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exactly. And then he's gonna come here and say he's proved his point. He's proved nothing. Just a bunch of vague stuff that helps nobody.

Neither one of us has proven anything, I only challenged your definitive claims with undeniable facts, you haven't been able to adequately substantiated your claims or refute the majority if not all the comments I've made that challenge your claims. Until someone comes up with the proven data (facts) to eliminate my comments and concerns, this "debate" will not be finalized in a definitive way.

Magio

Enlightened
Is everything okay here? This is not my area of expertise, so I am not here to say what the right answer is, but let's just remember to attack posts, not posters, etc, CPF rules apply, you guys know the drill. Thanks all.

I think everything is good. I've tried to remain firm but respectful. If there is anything I've posted thats concerning I'll be happy to correct it.

nbp

Flashaholic
No one has complained, just was scanning posts and offered a friendly reminder is all. :) We all get "enthusiastic" about our particular areas of interests; I have done it plenty myself.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to gather when the COVID dust settles down for a good old-fashioned shootout event one of these days :)

BVH

Flashaholic
We need to gather when the COVID dust settles down for a good old-fashioned shootout event one of these days :)

Ah, the Mr. Ted Bear Shootout 3 and 4 days. I was somewhat new those days but loved the new HID lights like the Barnburner and the Helios. Those were some fun times.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the Mr. Ted Bear Shootout 3 and 4 days. I was somewhat new those days but loved the new HID lights like the Barnburner and the Helios. Those were some fun times.

Yes those were the days, Mr. Ted Bear. I remember him well. Met him once in Las Vegas. He was very active here 15-20 years ago.

Magio

Enlightened
You can go on back further to the Kenshiro superlight shootout too.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Testo 830-T2 thats in your photo is an infrared thermometer. I don't see how you are using this to measure the temperature of the LEDs when they are behind the glass. Im not sure what you mean by a pyrometer.

Yes, you are right, I made a mistake, the glass will have to be removed somehow. I confused it with another type of pyrometer.