BLF LT1

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish it were cheaper. Isn't it a q8 with a lantern on top? The q8's came in at $40 in the group buy. It's around $60 now and i think different colored battery tubes are available now. I could sneak $35-40 past the wife, but $60...she'll have my (fill in similarly priced body part here)

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I wish it were cheaper. Isn't it a q8 with a lantern on top? The q8's came in at $40 in the group buy. It's around $60 now and i think different colored battery tubes are available now. I could sneak $35-40 past the wife, but $60...she'll have my (fill in similarly priced body part here)

no, its not, not even close. the only part it shares close to a Q8 is the battery tube part. The Q8 don't have USB-C charging, or tint ramping, or the modes the LT1 has, or the run times. they are different in every way except for the aforementioned lower battery body. If you can find another dedicated lantern on the market for less than 100 bucks, that has all these features together, full range tint ramping, long run times vs. output, lantern-dedicated modes, versatile user-programmable, high CRI, USB-C port charging, 360 degree smooth light with no artifacts or glare, configurable outputs & run times, configurable charging rates, built from anodized solid aluminum, i can list on.

gunga

Flashaholic
I got one for myself and my sister. They are amazing. I wouldnt mind a compact, light version that only uses 1-2 18650 but this one is great.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one for myself and my sister. They are amazing. I wouldnt mind a compact, light version that only uses 1-2 18650 but this one is great.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could use anywhere from 1 to 4 cells with the LT1. Yeah, that still doesn't make it compact, but you can use less cells if you are in a pinch.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could use anywhere from 1 to 4 cells with the LT1. Yeah, that still doesn't make it compact, but you can use less cells if you are in a pinch.

Correct. The LT1 can use any 18650 cell from one to four. I tested even a worn-out single 18650 laptop-pull that i tested to only 620 mAh, and it powered the LT1 up. The LT1 Lantern is designed to be operating in the most efficient range of the LEDs it uses, meaning when running in any mode from 75%-down it pulls very low-amps from the cells, as its default factory configuration its set to be in the most efficient range versus lumens to give the best run times possible regardless of what capacity 18650 cells its running on. (Also keep in mind the LT1 can run continuously with NO batteries at all, when it is plugged into any USB power source to its charging port.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
We have discussed the plans for a LT1-Mini for a future project, (one that uses a single 18650 or 21700, and is much smaller for backpackers & camping with limited gear space.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
They are technically on Amazon, but they are fulfilling the Group buy list first as planned. They will be offered on many online stores, some with discount codes. Also the next batch into the production there will be colored versions offered.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, its not, not even close. the only part it shares close to a Q8 is the battery tube part. The Q8 don't have USB-C charging, or tint ramping, or the modes the LT1 has, or the run times. they are different in every way except for the aforementioned lower battery body. If you can find another dedicated lantern on the market for less than 100 bucks, that has all these features together, full range tint ramping, long run times vs. output, lantern-dedicated modes, versatile user-programmable, high CRI, USB-C port charging, 360 degree smooth light with no artifacts or glare, configurable outputs & run times, configurable charging rates, built from anodized solid aluminum, i can list on.

Cant remember what I paid for my BLF FW3A but it was within hand grenade range of the LT1 price. Most flashlights 2-3x the price can't compare to these features. Only time will tell if quality is there in manufacturing though. I don't have any experience with Sofirn. I thought the light was a steal at $50. It's now my favorite light source.

DB - I almost fainted when I saw you clip those white tabs off to center the bale handle. No way I'm doing that to mine!!! Love your videos though.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I have had great service with Sofirn and their lights are built very well. They sent me a build LT1 prototype to test before the production, and i gave it a beating of tests, and it held up far better than most other lanterns i ever tested, modified, & used. Its a solid performer, even at the MSRP price. It has the features needed in a lantern that no other lantern offers, and is a result of a lot of testing and designing from the best consumer lanterns, and others i built & modified. Sofirn worked closely with the specifications our team has developed.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it!

For the LT1 just make sure they are button tops too.

I love your Candle also! I use it every evening when I put the kids to bed.

I've used flat top cell and they've worked for me, but I do see where part of the circuitry can cut into the battery wrap. Luckily it hasn't been a problem for me. I would love to start piecing together an accessory kit for the LT1. Not sure where I can find them though.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Got my BLF-LT1, I love it. This thing is built like a brick sh*t house. Excellent quality at the price point. The ability to shift the tint is awesome. Going primitive camping next weekend, going to put it thru its paces. :D

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I put mine in step mode, stepped down to lowest level. Used as a night light from say 10 pm-7am... it lasts 10 nights