• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Blocky Boy

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I really think this light will look the nicest in electroless nickel, and many of you seem to be leaning toward that finish also.

I will be visiting the shop next week to get a quote, but at this stage, there seems to be enough interest to warrant at least a run of 25-50 pieces.

I am also inclined to let folks pick and choose what they would like for reflector, i.e, smooth or stippled and drivers, i.e., NG500, NG750, GD750, etc.--a little personalization, so to speak.

Comet

Newly Enlightened
Fred,very nice light :twothumbsI would like one en please.
thanks,Ed

Bushman5

Enlightened
oooh change mine to EN plating too......

as for the driver choices etc, I'll need someone to walk me thru the choices....not sure what everything is or what they do...

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I'd still like HA/III ano - either black or natural.. I don't like how EN plating gets fingerprints on it. For functional purposes, I much prefer hard anodizing to something that's shiny. :shrug:

john

PS - please change my order to TWO lights, provided they're HA/III. :)

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Please count me in for one, but i would like to have it hard anodized. Whe not have it colored with a Type II anodizing ?

kiely23+ , thanks for the Link at the MF.

Alex

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Superb as usual Fred.
I did like the tiny little holes that were decorative on the first BlockyBoy, but it may be just illusion that they are bigger on the new version???
Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the order thread!!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superb as usual Fred.
I did like the tiny little holes that were decorative on the first BlockyBoy, but it may be just illusion that they are bigger on the new version???
Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the order thread!!

David,

The diameter of the dimples matches the diameter of the milled lines, so you are correct--the first iteration used 1mm mills, while the larger body uses 1.5mm diameter mills.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a go on the Blocky Boy!

I found a local shop that I will be working with to produce a few more lights for sale over the next few months.

There will only be 50 of the Blocky Boy made
; your choice of finish would be bare AL, EN plated, or Black Anodized.

It will most likely be at least six weeks, and perhaps two months, before the completed lights are available for sale. As we near completion, I will start a sales thread at that time.

In the meantime, if you indicate an interest in a Blocky Boy on this thread, then I will give you priority when the sales begin. I will start a list in the first post of those indications of interest.

And a tip of the hat to ICUDoc for noticing that the negative version of the Blocky Boy is pretty neat, too:

Q2-Ti-batterytubeInverted.jpg

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would like one. EN plated. Possibility you could go with lower mA's to led, say 500mA's. Asking that poor little CR123 to do a lot and extended runtimes would be exciting, heat wise. The GD circuit is buck/boost right, then it can be run with an RCR123?

Bill

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one. EN plated. Possibility you could go with lower mA's to led, say 500mA's. Asking that poor little CR123 to do a lot and extended runtimes would be exciting, heat wise. The GD circuit is buck/boost right, then it can be run with an RCR123?

Bill

Bill,

Sure, no reason that I could not order either the NexGen or the GD drivers set for 500 mA instead of 750. The GD driver is a buck/boost so rechargeables are perfect for that. The battery bore is large enough to accommodate rechargeables.

I will let folks choose what they want, within reason, for refector, i.e., smooth or stippled, and driver, i.e., primary only driver like the NG, or buck/boost like the GD. I also have some MJ drivers, which are for primaries only, at either 550 mA or 1A. There would be a premium added to the overall price of the light for the 1A MJ driver, however.

jwl

Enlightened
I'm interested in (1) in EN.

Is the black anodized version HAIII?

Thanks.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in (1) in EN.

Is the black anodized version HAIII?

Thanks.

jwl,

I would opt for HA III, dyed black and then sealed, to prevent fading. However, dying HA III does result in a small reduction of durability.

I will have to see what the local anodizer has to offer before I decide for sure. Perhaps even a clear, HA II might be a choice worth considering.