• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Blocky Boy

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Block Boy, eh? :eek:oo: EN Plated please! :cool:

And I tank U berry, berry much you Fanatical type light Dude! :bow:

Ken :D

What are you doing reading this? :eek: Get to work already! :poke: Hehe! :poof:

Nebula

Enlightened
Fred - I am definately in on this run (assuming I get in under the wire).

En plated please. Probably GD750.

Kirk

Last edited:

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
i would be possibly intrested in a EN plated light if you could tell me if flupic is a possibility and if a better led comes out by the time you get ready to make this would you use that instead. do you have a size comparison of the lights to something else or even in your hand.

thank you

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question on the length. I would guess 2.55" to 2.70" depending on if the tail is reccesed or not but just a guess? Well, Fred??? :popcorn:

Ken

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question on the length. I would guess 2.55" to 2.70" depending on if the tail is reccesed or not but just a guess? Well, Fred??? :popcorn:

Ken

Damn, you are good! 2.69" according to my caliper. :D

faiz23,

FluPic is a possibility. The Blocky Boy uses a converter module that will take any .55" diameter converter. The LED itself sits on the top of the module. I will have some extra modules made so that folks can build their own light engines and upgrade whenever the urge strikes.

Hell, I may just sell the bodies without any electronics and let folks do their own installation. :devil:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred, can`t tell from the pictures but sounds like the Block Boy has a reccesed tail but dang it all, I missed by .01" :ohgeez: :sick: :mecry: Hehe! :D

You can send mine without electronics since I have 7 of the .55" FluPics and I believe I would like to drop one of those in the light for multi levels. Plus, I tear apart and in some way mod just about every flashlight I buy anyway. :shrug: Yup, I`m a :crazy: modding flashaholic dude! :grin2:

Thanks,
Ken

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: kenster,

It's Blocky Boy, not Block Boy--you are making him sound as though he's to be incarcerated in Huntsville, instead of being the stylin' dude that he is. :crackup:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred, I was wondering how many times I would have to post the lights name without the "Y" before you would pick up on it! :poke: Hehe! :duck:

The timing of the LE build for your Blocky Boy lights may work out nice with the release of Waynes new GDuP multi stage driver if all is going well for him on that project??? :shrug: That driver seems like a great combo with this light! :thumbsup:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster or Nebula,

Do either of you know whether Wayne's GDuP will be the same standard .55" diameter as most of his converters?

As I said, I'm certainly willing to sell the body and let folks pick and choose their own driver.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred, Wayne is designing the GDuP for the E-Can as Kirk stated which takes a .55" board. That was his original plan but that could change I suppose??? :shrug: I would check with him on the thickness of the GDuP to see if it might fit in the LE you have designed for the Blocky Boy. From what I have read it sounds like a real winner if Wayne can get it all together in a .55" board and have the finished product in time for your cool new flashlight. :thumbsup:

Ken

Uhhhh??? The above seemed like a normal non Kenster type post?!? Borrowed those little Dudes from Skolamax`s Sig line and I feel better now! Hehe!

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to AWR's PhotoShop skills, here's what the Blocky Boy might look like in Black Anodize:

Black_Ano.jpg

Bushman5

Enlightened
BTW, i'll take mine with whatever electronics you decide on, i know crap about bins, leds, soldering circuit bords, its best someone else do it for me... :D

jwl

Enlightened
When do you think you will have a pricing schedule for the light and the options you mentioned earlier? :poke: :grin2:

Thanks.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
When do you think you will have a pricing schedule for the light and the options you mentioned earlier? :poke: :grin2:

Thanks.

I'll try to work something up in the next week or so. Need to check with new, local platers for their EN plating charges, plus I need to get a quote for some HA III black anodizing also.