Bonehead Flashlight Stories

Enlightened
You know, if I could guarantee that someone would be stupid enough to look in the lens and then light up, I'd carry a 5 pound hot-wire! Unfortunately I've never had it happen. :-(
Greg

Well tell you what. Next time I go I'll make sure I have my P3D set to turbo mode for you in case they do that. :)

GregWormald

Enlightened
Thanks, mate, I'd appreciate it. :thumbsup:
Every time someone looks at one of my lights they shine it at something to see if it works. They're no fun at all. :(
Greg

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Amazingly, this happened to a buddy and not to me! My buddy was visiting and just had to check out my SF M3. I made sure to tell him NOT to look into the thing and turn it on - which he didn't! Enter his wife.....! She picks it up, points it at him and before he or I could do anything, she blasts him in the face from tree feet away!:ohgeez: On fresh batteries, obviously!:poof:
He called me a couple of days later and told me he was seeing spots all next day and wifey had to drive the car home!:crackup:

KingGlamis

Banned
When we go camping I always use one of my DeWalt 18V work lights for the camp set-up light (for putting up the tent, etc.). This one trip I set the light on the ground and walked back to the truck. Came back a few minutes later and my light was off. I asked my buddy, "Did you turn that off?" He says no, it just died. OOPS, forgot to charge that one I guess (only time that has ever happend). Luckily I have two other DeWalts plus a spare battery, so we were OK.

One time I put four fresh RCR123As in a light and turned it on and it was VERY dim. Ut oh... Took the batteries out and ONE was in backwards. I was amazed it even lit up at all.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
would leaving old alkaline batteries in your lights qualify for this thread?

If you left them in there for years, forgot about them, and returned to a crust-covered mess on the inside; then yes. Bonus points if it was an expensive or rare light, and you couldn't salvage it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I spent well over an hour in chest deep water looking for my HDS twisty 😂😂. We were on vacation and playing on the beach with my kids. I was tossing it in the water and they were bringing it back. Tossed it a little to far and didn't see where it went. I wasn't leaving without it!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh I found it! It was getting dark and thank god she was still on could just make it out on the bottom. If she had run out of juice I'm thinking that would of been that.

Msf

Enlightened
Wanted to verify my light could take two 18350's so looked up the wrong light, verified it could use two 18350's, put two 18350's in my light and promptly fried the driver.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
A couple of years ago, spent the night with the in-laws in their camper trailer. In the morning, while we were packing up to go, brother-in-law can't find his Quark 2AA. We literally turned everything in the place upside down looking for it ...lots of places can hide a flashlight in a camper. I finally reached into my pocket and discovered that I had *two* Quark 2AAs in it. I must have absent mindedly picked up his , thinking it was mine. It only took us 20 minute or so to put all the camper back together again.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad day yesterday. One light slipped out of my shirt pocket and fell on the tile floor when I bent over to pick something up. Later, I knocked a light off the nightstand onto the floor when I tried to grab the light standing next to it. Years ago, I actually vacuumed a light into my Electrolux. Fortunately, it was an HDS and it came out laughing.

Mick23

Newly Enlightened
So I was showing a co-worker my glow gasket in the middle of the day. I thought it to be a great idea to turn it on and set it facedown on the dash of his company truck. Hahaha. I knew better too. Needless to say he now has a melted dash with my thumb print in it.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost lost my 2D maglite to forgotten d cells
..but I managed to pry them out clean it up and get it working and even upgraded into a glass lens.

It now sits on a shelf, batteries out until I use it on St. Incans Day.