Bought my first laser, ebay.

Mihlrad

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys im new hero, second day of viewing this forum thought id sign up. I recently saw someone on the off topic section of spudfiles.com wanted to build a co2 laser, and green lasers were brought up, i eventually ended up becomming intrigued by the wickedlaser videos and naturally had to have one. Basically i wanted to know if this was a good deal or a rip off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Green-Laser...ryZ94882QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have not recieved it yet, it is to be shipped monday.

I messaged them and they told me that the reason it is so cheap for a 50 mw is because they manufacture them personally, and its like buying it wholesale. They told me that it is a guarunteed 50mw and to feel free to test it on a metering device.

What do you guys think?

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Hey... ah... new hero..? That's a really nice price for a 50mW, IMO. You may want to get it tested before you leave feedback. I'm in a similar boat and not sure how to get mine tested. I have heard you can take it to a local college. They should have something to test it with...

I would also think at 50mW, 2x AAA is not going to last long. :poof: Kinda like hotboxing a cigerette inthe boys bathroom betwen classes in high school. :grin2: I am not an expert though. Just a thought. It is still a great price it is measures though.

And for your other thread, yes, I would get some goggles...

D Nichl

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a leadlight case. Probably a leadlight itself - but maybe not, different button.

1. On the auction it says it lasts 14 hours...on fresh batteries - LIES; it says the laser is constant wave, and at 50mW that would last like 1 hour?

2. I really don't think they manufacture them.

So to be safe; get some googles, check it for IR radiation, and check the mW.

Edit: Just read that guy's feedback. There was tons of negatives and complaints. He false advertises and sells sells counterfeits XD

Ex:)Did not return Emails, never sent item Paypal refunded money DO NOT BUY FROM HIM
never received item, promised refund, never received refund, no emails answered
ITEM NEVER RECEIVED, NO REPLYS TO MY E.M. I RECEIVED MY $$ BACK. BE CREFULL.
Strange how many of his items get "lost in the mail". NON-SELLING SELLER!
Item not received, hes supposedly "out of the country", PayPal issued refund.
THIS T SHIRT APPEARS TO BE A FAKE!!!
ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED - WON'T RESPOND - AVOID AT ALL COSTS
NEVER RECEIVED ITEMS. PAYPAL REFUNDED MY MONEY. SELLER SELLS ITEMS NOT ON HAND.
seller sent completely different item, won't respond, turned over to paypal
Item not mint, poorly packed and damaged, will not respond to emails for refund
Shirt was a high quality knock-off. High quality but not Authentic.

Last edited:

wells05

Newly Enlightened
I see these lasers and think wow - $80 for a 50 mW!!!???? I need to order at least two. Wait, didn't LED Museum - Craig buy a laser off ebay - not this one, but another 50 mW and test it? Didn't it have like 25 mW of 532 radiation and 25 mW of pure IR? I think I like my eyesight a bit too much to risk for saving a few bucks.

Looking for a bargin is ok, but just realize you usually get what you pay for. I really hope one of those cheapies pans out some day. Right now, I just feel for all the unlucky people that are buying those lasers thinking they are getting one thing and actually receiving IR. Somebody's going to f' themselves up due to the IR. :(

Edit:
Make sure you test it or have it tested before you do too much with it. I know a few members here will test them for you if you pay shipping both ways, FYI.

Last edited:

ericg533

Newly Enlightened
You got scammed. Why did you post here AFTER you bought it? :huh2:

Mihlrad

Newly Enlightened
I sent them a message to see if they would cancel it before they shipped it out on monday. If they refuse to cancel the order and refund my money, how would i get it tested?

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Hi Mihlrad,
I would be more than happy to test it for you and provide you with the results and provide a written certification if needed to get your refund if this company is promoting 5mW products as 50mW.

Testing is free, but shipping to and from Optotronics, you will need to cover.

Jack