• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Brightest 1W HD Luxeon color available?

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I was wondering what's the brightest 1W HD Luxeon color available at Shoppe? I plan to use it in DSpeck's Firefly with MM+ board.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
in terms of color, the cyan is the brightest, to your eyes, anyway.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still disagree with this. Every chart I've seen that shows where human eyes are most sensitive (while in photopic vision) shows it to be closer to luxeon green (530nm nominal) than luxeon cyan (505nm nominal). In scotopic vision, the peak is closer to cyan, but the instant you turn on a flashlight of 1w luxeon brightness, you switch to photopic if you were dark adapted.

Here's one:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/bright.html

I see green as brighter than cyan. Noone seems to agree with me and science, though...

Mark

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol Minjin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

well, i think a good green will appear to be brighter than a good cyan, if what you are saying is true. But then, every human has their own perception. That chart or whatever it is ( i did not take a look, so i have no idea) just used the average, just like everyother statistic data. Also, most people get Cyans that are greens, so that might explain a bit.

I am not expert on this, so take that as my $.02

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I sure find the 532nm of my greenie laser to be bright to my partially red-green color blind eyes.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
My green KL1 is very bright with excellent throw for a 1W LD Luxeon. Just wondering how much throw the HD version will have.

Latest posts