Living the good life :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
This Friday, I took my grandson to walk and watch a Ladies Professional Golf Association
tournament. It took place at the course in Jersey City adjacent to Liberty State Park.

Lady liberty looked on in the back ground.

1716121201070.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im bleesed i have my cpf freinds a nice bike and motorcycle and a roof over my head and freid rice lol .. but i need better soy sauce lol the America stuff sucks. plus should of let rice sit over night

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have nathons hot dogs which are in my top 3 the other 2 being sabrats or hebrew natinals the others are dog food if you ask me lol

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night my grandson made a couple of burgers, and I did up some chicken.
I had a glass of wine, played some music from my phone to a bluetooth speaker, and took in the beauty of an almost full moon, prior to dusk.

Sometimes I stop to smell the roses. I love it when I do.

1716343271662.png

1716343238291.png

TPA

Enlightened
I name my PC's. Makes it easier to keep track of them. And the name follow the motherboard, with the name being based off some feature or overall aesthetic.
The last home-built I had was "Bertha" who became "Big Bertha". Bertha started as a Pentium 4 2.8GHz Prescot in ~2004 IIRC. High-end Asus mobo which supported 10 drives natively. At some point I added Matrox professional video encoders & rendering cards, which caused Bertha to outgrow her case, so a second identical case was strapped onto the side to house the drives, more hardware, and more power supplies. 6 streams of HD video, with 10 layers of effects, all in real-time, full quality. Beyond that and it'd start to render, which was still amazingly fast for its time.

Big Bertha was responsible for half my electric bill, and I lived in an all-electric condo...in Florida.

She "died" in 2012 when the BIOS chip gave out. It had been acting up, but I rebooted once a year so it wasn't an issue. In 2012, she wouldn't power back on.

TPA

Enlightened
With the talk of hot dogs, has anyone tried making hot dog soup? We made this the other night and it was actually pretty good. I did a few tweaks to make it my own, but Ms. TPA and I both put it in our recipe file. Personally I'd omit the maple syrup, boost the Liquid Smoke, and we added some hot sauce.

Poppy

Flashaholic
@TPA
Thanks for the video. If I just read the recipe, I never would have tried it. I'm just that not into hot dogs. After seeing the video, it does sound interesting and worth a try. Maybe something to bring to a BBQ, where there will be other people to help me, ahem, get rid of it if I don't like it.

Buff

Enlightened
@Chauncey Gardiner what do you use to cut that beast? We are partial to the John Deere brand of lawn tractors. With one of my sons who went Husqvarna lawn tractor.
My 24 year old JD walk behind is the only way i can cut my yard as i'm on a steep hill. We tried a Zero turn and a lawn tractor with zero success.
IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_5784.jpeg

On the farm we use this Long with a bushog attached. Lol

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I formally desired perfection but, alas, not the ability to attain it. I realized perfectionism was a roadblock to good mental health and kept me from completing projects. I often remind myself that only God does perfect work and that men should merely strive for excellence.
Well stated and a great grounding thought to go by. I strive to produce the best I can and there have been times I go back to "adjust" something to fudge it up then I'm at zip depending how bad it was. Now I accept the result and strive to improve on the succeeding projects. That ongoing learning process.