Brightest light for $100 or less?

Erzengel

Enlightened
The BC40 is part of JetBeams budget line. Therefore, the quality might be a little bit lower in comparison to very high quality of the JetBeam premium line. But this doesn't mean that it is too low.
I have the TK 35. I like it, because it fits into a jacket pocket and the two button interface is a very intuitive way to operate a light with four modes.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Like most people have already said BC40 or Fenix TK35. There are of course more lower end models as well with decent output although not as high as the first models mentioned above. Who here has the Skyray 3XML...? Any comments on the build quality..?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
+1 with Erzengel,
I also have the TK 35. With the 820 lm, and it small size, it is one of the best pocket rockets on the market.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't find lights that put 2x18650 end to end very carry friendly. They are too long for any coat pocket and are generally top heavy in the front. The size and weight of the TK35 means that you can carry it easily in a coat pocket (and it has a nice holster)

The EagleTac M2SC4 (and similar models) may look very close to the TK35, but they are wickedly front heavy and very awkward to carry. The TK35 actually balances very nicely in the hand.

Another light to mention (although more floody) is the SC600. Selfbuilt just posted a flying colors review of this light! If I went camping and had a TK35 and a SC600 with me I couldn't see needed another light the whole trip except for maybe an single AA light as a backup. (yeah - who are we kidding, I am a flashaholic so I would still bring 5 or more others)

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I own a cheap chinese 50W HID, Less than $400 RMB(Yuan)
Throws well
Runtime, about 30-45 minutes, uses Lead acid battery
Damn well like it but too bulky, 7" reflector and weight over 2kg
Just a toy/shelf queen, not bringing it out unless in case of emergency
Quality, acceptable but not dangerous light

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
My previous wallmart-range flashlight wit a P7 in it (Trustfire SSC-7) works like a charm and gives a lot of light for a reasonably long time (90 mins) before dropping out on one 18650.
So, I thougt: what the heck!, and ordered a Fandyfire stl-v2 for less than 40 euro!!
After seeing the disassembled unit I was very enthousiastic (just look at DE and search for this light)
Also starting a test with 5 x XM-L in series with a dedicated 3000 mA conlux driver made for using continuously.
Bought the reflectors for some buks each at DE and use this combination to light up my 80 square meter livingroom that is surveilled by 2 x Axis M1054's.
The nice thing about this type of IP-cam is that there is a switchable output that can be operated, logging into your ip-cam's website at every place in the word :)