Brinkmann "Mini-Mag" Copy

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody, I've been reading these boards for a while but haven't posted yet.

I found a brinkmann mini-mag copy in my house today like this one: click

It's bulb is not very bright at all (when it works). Does anybody know anything about this light, and putting a new bulb in it? Also, the spring in the end-cap is fairly corroded.

Any suggestions for modifying this light would be appreciated.

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
I found a brinkmann mini-mag copy in my house today like this one: click

It's bulb is not very bright at all (when it works). Does anybody know anything about this light, and putting a new bulb in it? Also, the spring in the end-cap is fairly corroded.

Any suggestions for modifying this light would be appreciated.

Nooo! Throw it away! It's a slippery slope! That's how it all starts. An innocent AA cell upgrade and you've had it. Next thing you know you'll be carrying a car battery around with you attached to a hid spotlight.
Anyway:welcome: This thread started me on the path to enlightenment

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
LOL! Thank you anyway :). My friend gave me a G2 for my birthday a little while ago, then the bulb popped and I bought a CREE drop-in from dealextreme, and now I think I'm hooked as I'm looking fairly seriously at a Fenix P2D-CE. Do you suggest the orange peel or smooth reflector?

Illum

Flashaholic
for some unusual reason I found alkaline brinkmanns to be dimmer than stock maglites:ohgeez:

now the maxfire and Legend LXs are another story:naughty:

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking fairly seriously at a Fenix P2D-CE. Do you suggest the orange peel or smooth reflector?

smooth means the torch will shine a bit further, orange peel means the beam is more even and less ringy so better for closer things, so its your choice .

one might argue if you want throw then a torch with a bigger head or optic is what you are after. and also note what people round here call ringy isnt like the old maglite ring, i didnt class my old L2D as ringy, but my OP rebel L2D is super smooth and i love it!

Last edited:

Latest posts