Buracell?

ico

Enlightened
is there such a battery like buracell?
Hot Linked Image removed Rule #3 - Norm
look at the top right of the graph. is that just an error or they intended that way for any copyright issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

tam17

Enlightened
Fenix promo material is a proverbial source of typos and unintelligible statements (just like some of my posts) :p

Cheers,

Tam

DM51

Flashaholic
They may have meant Burro-cell (powered by donkeys).

We haven't heard very much about this brand before; I think I'll move the thread into the Batties section, where the experts will no doubt tell us more.

Battery Guy

Enlightened
I am not recommending this, but if one were to type "buracell" into Google and click on the top hit, a truly bizarre video will appear.

Illum

Flashaholic
Apparently their existence is well known: http://www.vashontruevalue.com/miva...Code=VTV&Product_Code=885624&Category_Code=HE :grin2:
fuytc9.png

Battery Guy

Enlightened
They may have meant Burro-cell (powered by donkeys).

We haven't heard very much about this brand before; I think I'll move the thread into the Batties section, where the experts will no doubt tell us more.

I don't know about burros, but a horsepower is equivalent to about 750 W. Given that a typical draft horse weighs in the 640 to 910 kg range, the specific power of a horse is in the 0.8 to 1.2 W/kg range. My guess is that burros would be significantly less. This compares poorly to an eneloop, which as a peak specific power of approximately 300 W/kg.

Therefore, I would conclude that a burro-cell would not be appropriate for most flashaholic applications, where power is at a premium.

Cheers,
BG

CKOD

Enlightened
I don't know about burros, but a horsepower is equivalent to about 750 W. Given that a typical draft horse weighs in the 640 to 910 kg range, the specific power of a horse is in the 0.8 to 1.2 W/kg range. My guess is that burros would be significantly less. This compares poorly to an eneloop, which as a peak specific power of approximately 300 W/kg.

Therefore, I would conclude that a burro-cell would not be appropriate for most flashaholic applications, where power is at a premium.

Cheers,
BG
But horses can put out ~15 hp peak, which would up the specific power to ~18W/kg for the horse which might make the the burro-cell on par with a carbon-zinc battery

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found some durasell batts in a megaphone i got at the cincinnatti hamfest.
those were the butt of many jokes at the shop.

thekobk

Newly Enlightened
i have seen both durakings and dinacell's at a swap shop in Florida. i wish i would have taken pictures.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
So a 1 horsepower is now 15? :naughty:

Yes, but I think that is only theoretical output at the muscles, not actual measured output at the hooves (minus transmission losses in ligaments, joints etc, and whether you subtract power consumed by ancillaries such as the brain, heart, lungs, eyes etc). And it depends on which breed and individual horse (also some countries measuring standards seem more "generous" than others).

Also just like lights, a horse can only maintain maximum output for a few seconds before output drops off due to various factors (overheating, lack of oxygen, lactic acid build up etc). I think the chemistry of the power source also plays a significant part in the output vs run time (yes, deliberate pun there) equation. ;)