came across this 25 lumen led light, xenon too!

Lara

Newly Enlightened
Re: came across this 25 lumen led light, xenon too

I'd be willing to order 20 from the factory in Spain and forward them, but the problem is shipping. (Within Europe, the cost would be ~$10, to the USA ~15)

So a considerable part of the purchase price would be for
shipping.

Maybe one of the US dealers could order 20 and distribute them within the USA?

artar

Enlightened

Lara,

i'm in for a X11.
We could ask the factory if they can't sell us 2 of them for review purposes.

jack_flash

Newly Enlightened

Looks really like an ARC plagiarism, esp. the PCB!
Don't forget to add tax & custom fees.
I'm in for a X11 for my collection.

Ulrich

ufokillerz

Enlightened

lol, dont support rip offs support Peter and ARC!!!
but count me in for 1 if there is a group buy, i would like to see how it compares.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the only thing that's holding me back. If this thing is REALLY a verbatim repro of Peter's own design, I might pass on it...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you really must know... this is what we saw at Shot 2003
medium.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if that switch will fit with the Arc head...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

K-T

*Moderator*

I have handled every light of them at the IWA and wasn't too impressed. Ok, there is some light comming out of one end and a tailcap switch on the other, other than that they were of very poor quality. Their lights look like a mixture between SF and ARC. Both LED and Xenon lights looked somewhat cheap, eg. the rechargeable battery stick made out of 5 2/3A batteries looked worse than the ones I did, none of the cells was aligned correct, I was worried to break the solder connections between each cell when handleing the thing.

I don't know what you guys are going to do with these lights but I wouldn't buy them.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

K-T You and I must not have looked at the same lights.

I was impressed and had them send me some samples. The mill work is very smooth (smooth like laquer) and polished looking. The X-11 is about the same brightness as my Arc LS1 and LSL-Ps.

The X-22 sample was a nice very even flood beam, but with a very slight green tint (which I hate). It seems a little large, though very nicely made.

Both have a nice push button (temporary on) and twist (constant on) that appear to be waterproof. The alluminum is VERY hard. In fact, I destroyed the X-11 by trying to trim the thread length a little to see if it would screw down further without them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will check the X-22 for water and runtime tonight and tomorrow.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

UPDATE: The X-22 passed the bathroom sink water test with the switch turned to constant on and also with 10 on/off pushes with the temporary on.

BGF

Newly Enlightened

Sounds like they are worth investigating!! Iwould definately be interested in an affordable light of reasonable quality

K-T

*Moderator*

I threw away the flyer they gave me but I am pretty sure it was them - will ask Holger if he remembers if it was them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif On the other hand maybe they've improved their QC and have become better. I do trust your opinion on a good flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened

It is, in fact, the light K-T and I handled at IWA in March. All I can say is that (for me) the light looked like junst another "wannabe SureFire". The housing felt like cheap plastic, the lens felt like a very thin lexan lens glued into the bezel. The lights all were very light so for me they didn't look like they could withstand some abuse or serios (professionell) use.
BUT: I do own and use on a daily base several SureFire Lights. I wouldn'd call myself a collector since all the lights I have are all (more or less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) used on duty. So what I am looking for is always a better light than I currently have and not a cheaper one.
so I guess it just depends on ones needs. And BTW, maybe the have improved their products since March.

There is nothing I could say about beam quality since I've only handled the lights in the well lit Trade Show area with no dark places (and you may believe me, that I was trying to find such a dark place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Holger

Kristofg

Enlightened

Globetrotter is selling these lights now and they ship Internationally within Europe. X-22 and x-11

Does anybody know about a review of them?

83Venture

Enlightened

X-11 looks like a black ARC LH.