Carry spare batteries on your person?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of Course!

I'm partial to SF Xenons. And each has its own fully stocked spares carrier which goes everywhere its light goes. My backpack is currently sporting a 6P w/SC1, Glotoob w/A23 in holster, 2 lithium AAAs for the Arc AAA-P in my pocket, and a Tikka (no spares for this one).

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I always carry 1 or 2 spare 123A's in a sheath with my EDC U60. I found a Gerber sheath that fits my HDS very well and leaves room for 2 spare batteries at the bottom. It's a very nice setup and it goes with me whenever I go out.

Dutch

Enlightened
Always have spares on me. Usually three CR123As, but always at least one for either the HDS or PD I'm carrying at all times.

One is carried in a Walgreen's AL nitro carrier and two are sealed together in 6 mil poly.

Dutch

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya...i have a problem!!

i have 3x123a's and one RCR123a in a SF case. Also, I have 4 AAA's for my Arc in a case. Theya ll live in my backpack which is almost always near me.

SICKNESS!!! LOL

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I "creatively acquired" an extra double-mag pouch for my duty belt - 1 side carries my 2 knives and a paint-can-pry-and-bottle-opener, and the other side carries my spare cells, which are wrapped in a plastic bag to keep them stacked and keep them from shorting out.

I try to carry 2 lights on my duty belt all the time (unless loaned out to the "unenlightened") and at least one charger with DC cord or inverter in my duty bag.

If REALLY desperate, or wanting to exercise its battery stick (always be kind to weaker lights - never know when you NEED them!), I grab the Polystinger kept in the patrol vehicle.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh - yeah that thing DaFABRICATA mentioned - just gave me a great idea for a flashlight pocket protector. No more dings from keys and pocket change. Of course pulling out your light and unrolling it's protector might get some weired looks :crackup:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO carry a spare battery with my E1e. I have 2 E1e's in 2 different jackets, and there are spare batteries with both lights. I wish the leather holster I have for my E1e, had a place for a spare battery.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
meanwhile back to reality :laughing: - yes here's my pocket battery carrier in blue anodized Titanium:
(for single CR123)

tibat001pu7.jpg

tibat002hu6.jpg

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I find a single CR 123 battery carrier? I need 2-3. TIA!

Techmedic

Enlightened
Parka\spring-fall jacket:
2 x 123's in orange match case (stuff-mart for 99 cents)
SL scorpion

Maxpedition Condor II Pack:
SF SC1 with 6 x 123 nearby at all times.
123's used up at least annually, or, swapped out if getting old.
G2 black with V25 clip-on clipped to outer webbing.
Innova X1 (yikes! I forgot to add a spare AA!)

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I don't carry spares...yet. I EDC 4 lights (LRI Photon III, Gerber IU, Inova X5, PT Eos) so I don't think I need extra batts. I keep some at home in a drawer though. I always have spare AA Eneloops for my digital camera because I usually need to change them more often. :popcorn:

linerlock

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a few spare battery carriers on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AA-AAA-AAAA-Sur...ryZ50616QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I usally carry one or two of these stuffed with a combination of CR123's, R123's, Alky AA's, NiMH AA's and 14500 Li-Ion cells so that I have at least one spare for each of the various lights that I happen to have on me that day. The description is a bit misleading in that aaa's, CR2's and N's do fit BUT they those sizes are not held in place rigidly so there's a fair amount of rattle. Also, I've noticed that some of my R123's are just a hair too long and keep the lid from snapping shut properly without an excessive amount of force. Despite these minor shortcomings I've found these cases to be a nice "all-in-one" solution for carrying all of my preferred battery types. The case profile is slim enough that I barely notice one of these in the left rear pocket of my jeans and they even slide together to form a tandem 8 battery carrier.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a spare for my for my EDC (a P1D-CE on a rechargeable). The spare is a primary in the older smaller P1.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
TKC said:
Not sure if you've got Walgreens where you're at but they've got some pill carriers in SS or aluminum that are just right for a single cell and are water tight around $5 or $6 I believe and can be put on a keychain.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
Yes I do, I carry a Batuca Battery Case as part of my EDC. It holds 4 primary 123's on one side and 4 AA Nimh 2650's on the other. These spares are for my EDC lights which include my Fenix L2D CE in front left pocket, my Fenix L1D CE in my front right pocket, and on my belt is my P1D CE. I think that between these three lights I should have all of my lighting needs covered.

Happy Dark Trails

cutlerylover

Banned
I currently use AA lights for the most part, but I do not carry spare batteries for them, but I would like to chnage that, I often wear cargo pants and I want to buy a plastic battery holder for 4 AA's to keep in the leg pocket of my pants...Just in case...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best place for spare cells is inside a spare flashlight, as most EDCable lights aren't much bigger than the cells that power them. I carry 4 NiMH AAs, 2 3.0V RCR123As, an 18650, and a 10440, all in lights.

mosport

Enlightened
Punched out 5/8" and 3/4" foam pads to stick inside the drugstore pill capsule Matrixshaman mentioned, making it completely rattle free.

Here's what it looks like (click for fullsize).

TKC said: