Cell phones with buildin flashlight

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got a motorola triumph recently and it has a very nice flash that can be accessed via a flashlight app. My gf has a droid x which has an even nicer flash withreally nice neutral color. Mine is pure white.

kj2

Flashaholic
3129pwp.jpg
( http://www.allaboutphones.nl/nieuws...outphones/mixed+(All+About+Phones+Mixed+feed) )
This website says this could be the new camera for the iPhone 5, but what kind of LED is this??

Serial Chiller

Newly Enlightened
I think it depends. Sometimes LEDs are just used as a flash for the internal camera. They will probably have no heatsinking at all. If you hack these LEDs and use them constantly, they will probably get too hot because that's not what they are made for. I think most people don't consider that when they use some kind of a "flashlight-app". But there are also phones with a dedicated flashlight and since most of these flashlights have very little output, heatsinking is not that big a deal. A little piece of aluminium or copper will probably take up enough heat.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
But there are also phones with a dedicated flashlight and since most of these flashlights have very little output, heatsinking is not that big a deal. A little piece of aluminium or copper will probably take up enough heat.

I can't speak for all smart phones, but the myTouch 4g doesn't use enough power for heatsinking to be an issue. It's respectably bright (especially compared to the old style method of using the screen to light your way) but still not bright enough to really get that hot.

kt1

Newly Enlightened
Previously I've used SE K750i and Nokia 5800 that had flaslights and they were ok. I guess they are around 10 lumens. Now I've been using Galaxy S II for a month and wow! The led gives out around 40 lumens of floody light with rectangular beam. It lights up a big room without efforts. Yet it's the worst flashlight of them all! Why? Because the phone is big, slim, slippery and very expensive. Also there's no flashlight software that disables the screen AND the return-button nor will they enable me to use the phone at the same time :shakehead

So I bought DQG II to replace the coin cell light on my keychain because I want usable light for "several minutes".

Latest posts